• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

yet another airbrush question!

CVS has the 91% on the shelves, I have not looked for the higher test as James suggested (yet).

Chuck and guys down south, I dont know if you can get it down there, but if you ask the pharmacist you can get 99.9% rubbing alcohol over the counter. Must be over 18 up here. I use the other stuff for cleaning and the good stuff for thinning.
James

I will definitely pester my pharmacist for some- thanks, James!

Lots of great advice, but I gotta ask...why not just use Tamiya thinner? It works great.

Tom

yeah but there was a problem getting Tamiya stuff whist CVS Walgreens etc is just up the road

plus for the frugule amongst us ( me ) its cheaper LOL

Hmmm...I don't see any reference to it being hard to get. In stock at Sprue Bros.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/tamiya-acrylic-paint-x-20-thinner-250ml-large-size-81040-p2412.aspx

Seriously, unless you are spraying gallons and gallons of paint I don't see the point in trying to save a couple
bucks with something that might work when you can get the stuff that will work...just sayin'.

Tom

You mean to tell me MP. is still sipping MEK ? :drinks That sure would explain the :yipee in his step... :rotf

Hehehehehehehe...

My kin folk in West (By God) Virginia neither confirm not deny the presence of unlawful means of alcohol production...

And were no ICBMs in Missouri or Kansas....

Hmmm...I don't see any reference to it being hard to get. In stock at Sprue Bros.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/tamiya-acrylic-paint-x-20-thinner-250ml-large-size-81040-p2412.aspx

Seriously, unless you are spraying gallons and gallons of paint I don't see the point in trying to save a couple
bucks with something that might work when you can get the stuff that will work...just sayin'.

Tom

Because the $5.00 difference between the two is Lunch for me. :mpup

197_rd.jpg

Oh, I bought this years ago for the paint itself- but the rubbing alcohol is perfect for cleaning the AB, etc.

Hot Dogs? Chips?

Are those on my low cholesterol, low carb, low everything food list?????

No...

So I guess I stick to Pizza with extra cheese... Screw the "meal plan!"

197_rd.jpg

Oh, I bought this years ago for the paint itself- but the rubbing alcohol is perfect for cleaning the AB, etc.

Maybe I should start buying the correct chemicals instead of trying to make it up as I go! Thanks Chuck, I'm spraying some Acrylic german grey tomorrow- tell you how it went later.

Hot Dogs? Chips?

Are those on my low cholesterol, low carb, low everything food list?????

No...

So I guess I stick to Pizza with extra cheese... Screw the "meal plan!"

Nope, and I eat them at a dive where they sale stink bait, tackle and the coldest beer in town. :drink

Funny how a thread that starts out 'I'm having trouble getting green paint to spray' turns into a conversation about eating man food.

Back