• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Year End Review 2017

Looks like I had one more than I thought!

CTA3
h7eada86.JPG

MMM 2017
h5e8fcbe.JPG

My fictional Ar 196 night fighter
hedb9a94.JPG

Tie interceptor
h4889c0a.JPG

egg plane
h926b34c_2018-01-01.jpg

All great looking stuff guys (y)

For me in spite of having a lack of mojo the latter half of the year this has been my most productive year ever with ten completions. It certainly helped that a number of them were completed from the shelf of ignore where some had resided for the better part of a decade. Anyway here is this years crop in order of completion...

g4m1-b08.jpg

c123-b13.jpg

290-b15.jpg

p70b-08.jpg

g3m2-b30.jpg

so3c-b08.jpg

190-v18-b11.jpg

280-b03.jpg

217e-b24.jpg

230-b08.jpg

My favorite for the year was the Nell as it exceeded my expectations.

I still have a good number of kits on the shelf of ignore and hope to finish more of them along with new builds in the new year.

Great line up Gary!

Someday, I hope to only have 1 or 2 on the shelf waiting completion!! (it's a dream)!! :rotf

Prodigious builders you lot :notworthy

As for yours truly, only three done in 2017.

1/35 BRDM-2 in Romanian colors

h840235f.JPG

1/72 U-boat Type VII C

h86d5d64.JPG

1/24 LaFrance Eagle

hd600730.jpg

2018 isn't going to break the record, that's for sure. Glad if I get to finish two models this year, but we shall see.

Laurence

Nothing wrong with only building two or three good ones. Happy New Year! (y) :drinks

Great looking line up guys. Good to have these year end threads and see what everyone has been up to over the year in one place. Looks like a good productive year for most.

Here's mine,

Bomber Command II

ha1dd435.jpg

CTA III

h9dfb3e0.jpg

For fun

hba583de_2018-01-01.jpg

MMM 2017

h171584e.jpg

Midway 2017

h8809186_2018-01-01.jpg

Just because...

hc6198df_2018-01-01.jpg

Egg Plane

h3469a7c_2018-01-01.jpg

This was my fun over the Holiday build. It will be finished today so I'm counting it for 2017. :eek:hyeah

hf34ec4a.jpg

Holy crap Mark, 37??? I don't think I've built 37 models in the last ten years!

Great job to you and everyone else! I'll get mine posted up here soon but it isn't much, 3 or 4 this year!

LOL! Thanks Sharkman. Yeah, I seem to average that amount now. Who knows? If I survive 2018, I may break 40 models completed for the year! LOL!

Mike, I agree, this is always my favorite Thread of the year since it allows me to see and remember all the magnificent work I watched over the year... and catch up with some I missed! Yours is a fantastic lineup with some incredibly outstanding models. Way to go!

Luiz, sensational work man! You may not have completed a lot, but your quality is above reproach.

Warren, it is a small lineup, but it also shows off your incredible talent in all those masterfully done models! It looks like you had a lot of fun with the Micro Modeling Month!

Old Dog, that is a highly respectable lineup of completed models! Especially given the incredible quality of all of them. I do love the Nell as well, but I also like that C-123. I really need to pick one of those up someday.

Lawrence, you may have only completed three, but your masterful quality is beyond measure! I truly love the submarine, but the fire truck is overwhelming to me! You have every reason to be proud of that year's work!

Dave, you're right, this is a great opportunity to see everyone's work all in one place! Your work is brilliant here, a very respectable number of high quality masterpieces!

What a sweet Thread! Keep them coming guys!

Thanks Mark for your kind words. The submarine took a long time to finish, the truck as well. They were started in 2016, completed in 2017.

Cheers,

Laurence

Finally getting around to posting what I managed to finish last year.

Misc-001.jpg

Misc-002.jpg

Not nearly up to what some of you folks turn out, but I was able finish both of these within a one month period.

faint.gif

Only two finished but some masterpieces in progress. That's got to count for something Paul! :drinks

Only two finished but some masterpieces in progress. That's got to count for something Paul! :drinks

I am perfectly ok with it all. Worked on the Alabatros again today. Had a freezing icy Sleet and snow day. Decided that I really didn't want to risk getting run into. The drivers here barely can drive when it is dry and sunny. While I have driven on a fair amount of this crap, I just don't want to risk some nit loosing it and totaling my car.

Anyway I digress. I discovered that another area was also plywood so I had to do some touch up. Then fixed the access flap on the undersides of the lower wings. The ones that were there were in the wrong place and shaped wrong. Also got the grey green painted on the metal cowling parts. Time to let it set and cure now.

Back