• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WYVERN S.4 "PICTURE PERFECT""UPDATE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
In my relentless march to the "BOMBER COMMAND" GB my next aircraft project is the Royal Navy's Wyvern S.4 of the late 50's in 1/72 scale. The kit is by Trumpeter and is a much better kit then the Smer Breguet 693 I just finished. So here we go construction starts with the cockpit. Not bad for this scale. I don't know yet if I will have the cockpit open or not. Here are some pictures to get things started.

Terry B)

dsc04605_1_20101019_1350488907.jpg

dsc04606_2_20101019_1133045165.jpg

dsc04612_7_20101019_2090675247.jpg

dsc04613_1_20101019_1917991505.jpg

B)

dsc04607_3_20101019_1570413525.jpg

dsc04608_4_20101019_1446260908.jpg

dsc04609_5_20101019_1040235856.jpg

dsc04610_6_20101019_1076113494.jpg

Re: WYVERN S.4 "BRITISH DRAGON"

Looking good so far. That is one of the oddest neatest looking a/c around. You going to do the Suez yellow and black id bands?
James

Terry just a modelin' machine! Great start, nice cockpit even in this size.

Looking good so far. That is one of the oddest neatest looking a/c around. You going to do the Suez yellow and black id bands?
James

No I am doing a plane from HMS Eagle and thanks!

Terry B)

Terry just a modelin' machine! Great start, nice cockpit even in this size.

Thanks MP!!! I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I always have two or three things going at once.

Terry B)

hoy - you defected? left the dark side and joined the rebels or what?

brmpf!

brmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlgoodworkneverthelessmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmong

hoy - you defected? left the dark side and joined the rebels or what?

brmpf!

brmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlbrmlgoodworkneverthelessmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmongmong

Hard to see the dark side is :evil:

Terry ;)

Re: WYVERN S.4 "DRAGON HAS WINGS""UPDATE"

Wyvern update time!!! Alot has been done!! Props, Fusalage, Wings, Wheels. Waiting for the canopy parts to dry befor painting.

Here are some pictures of work so far.

dsc04627_1_20101025_1185548850.jpg

dsc04628_2_20101025_1401222296.jpg

dsc04632_3_20101025_1918547238.jpg

Terry B)

aaaaaaaaah that's a wyvern! no i see! that strange double prop setup i remember to have seen several times!

i never knew that that strange double prop setup plane thingy was called wyvern ...

... oh whatever ...

that's really cool looking terry but the prop section needs some touch ups (don't know what that red/white part is called! spinner?) and the prop yellow ends need some touchup too, black shining through!

aaaaaaaaah that's a wyvern! no i see! that strange double prop setup i remember to have seen several times!

i never knew that that strange double prop setup plane thingy was called wyvern ...

... oh whatever ...

that's really cool looking terry but the prop section needs some touch ups (don't know what that red/white part is called! spinner?) and the prop yellow ends need some touchup too, black shining through!

Wacky plane!!! Yeah I saw the touch ups! It takes a picture sometimes to help me see those things.

Thanks Laura! I'm always striving to make a better plane.

Terry ;)

MrT
Laura's already admonished you for your choice of subject, so I'll let that go.:evil:
Nonetheless, I must say I really enjoy witnessing your attention to detail and masterful execution of your projects.(y)
I can't wait to see the airfreshener hanging from the canopy and snapshot of the pilot's wife and kids on the console. :gogo
Peace and Love,
Randy

MrT
Laura's already admonished you for your choice of subject, so I'll let that go.:evil:
Nonetheless, I must say I really enjoy witnessing your attention to detail and masterful execution of your projects.(y)
I can't wait to see the airfreshener hanging from the canopy and snapshot of the pilot's wife and kids on the console. :gogo
Peace and Love,
Randy

You see now you've done it! I was just going to build OOB, but NOOOO :pinch: you had to go and give me ideas :hmmm

Thanks Randy!

Terry :laugh:

Dear Terry.

...nice interior job...a beautiful plane...following this thread with attention!

Best!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz!!! I'm about ready to paint, but I had to add something for DioRandy. :laugh:

Terry ;)

DioRandy wanted to see if I would put an airfreshener or a picture in the cockpit. Well no airfreshener, but a picture yes. So Randy here you go.

Terry ;)

dsc04638_1_20101027_1152056353.jpg

:laugh:

:) Hi Terry,
The little dragon is starting to look good. It has always fascinated me but being as I try to stay inn WW II I've never had to find the courage to build one.
Congrats on the picture. That's a nice touch but a little green tree would be over the top !
Keep up the good work ! Christian (y)

Thanks Christian!! Yeah no little green trees. It might block the pilots field of vision. :lol:

Terry B)

Back