• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

bob letterman

Working w/Pastels, a lost art Update 11/26/2019

Working w/Pastels, a lost art Update 11/26/2019

Wow Bob,

The stone looks realistic. Very nicely done. :notworthy :notworthy

Michael :drinks

Working with Pastels, a lost art?

As others have said, it looks real!

Sir, I want you to know that upon reading this a few years ago, I adopted it and this technique, practiced over my last models, has been a real "turning point" for me and my modeling! Learning this and especially hoe to blend has really let me "turn the corner" in my modeling skills and no I think "I can do this!"

Thanks so much!

Working with Pastels, a lost art?

As others have said, it looks real!

Sir, I want you to know that upon reading this a few years ago, I adopted it and this technique, practiced over my last models, has been a real "turning point" for me and my modeling! Learning this and especially hoe to blend has really let me "turn the corner" in my modeling skills and no I think "I can do this!"

Thanks so much!

No, thank you!

That's fantastic!! It's old school today, but, if it works, it works!

Glad I could have been of help!

Bob

Just read this article Bob. Thanks for sharing. I remember I read an article back in the day in one of the old VLS magazines were you talked about creating rust from pastels. After reading the article it's always my go to for rust.

Just read this article Bob. Thanks for sharing. I remember I read an article back in the day in one of the old VLS magazines were you talked about creating rust from pastels. After reading the article it's always my go to for rust.
Thanks,

I'm glad you have a good memory, that article was ancient history! I'm glad it worked for you, I'm still using it to this day!

Bob

Thanks,

I'm glad you have a good memory, that article was ancient history! I'm glad it worked for you, I'm still using it to this day!

Bob
Every now and then I put out the old magazines and flip through them. I wish those magazines were still being published. Great magazine and staff .

Back