• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WNW DH9a WIP"UPDATE #17""FINI"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Well my DH9a NINAK from WingNut Wings came a couple of days ago and wow what a kit. The parts have crisp details and the instructions are very detailed. I can't wait to start, but I had to order some paint. I will start the construction on Sunday so stay tuned.

Terry B)

DSC05227.JPG

DSC05228.JPG

B)

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP

You're a brave man Terry, that beast has a bunch rigging :gogo , looking forward to the build !

Go ahead then, just keep us stringing along... Looks like fun ! :eek:hmy:

Cheers,Christian B)

THe side view the plane looks very unbalanced. I'll have fun watching build it. B)

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP"UPDATE #1

Thanks everyone!!

Ok you asked for it so here we go. I started and finished construction of step one which is interior framing, flight controls, and fuel tanks. I still need to add cables to the throttles and trim wheel. These cables are not added until later in the instruction, but I think I'm going add here before things get more complicated. The fit of the parts is excellent and the mold lines are very very small. The detail is just wow!! Here are some pictures of the work so far. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05289.JPG

DSC05293.JPG

DSC05295.JPG

DSC05292.JPG

DSC05291.JPG

DSC05290.JPG

B)

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP"UPDATE #1"

Wow, Terry- that looks so cool! I just found this link this morning- if you haven't seen this feller's method for making turnbuckles you're in for a treat: ww1aircraftmodels.com

Wow, Terry- that looks so cool! I just found this link this morning- if you haven't seen this feller's method for making turnbuckles you're in for a treat: ww1aircraftmodels.com

Thanks chukw!!! Thank you for the link. If I can pull some of those off they will look great.

Terry B)

Hey Chuk, the method is spot on, used it on the PUP, but the easier route it to call up Baron von Buckles of Bob's Buckles http://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/ and have him make them for ya. I ordered like 80 eyelets and buckles for the Pup, have only a few left over, that includes tweezlaunch factor. Well worth the money for anyone doing a WW1 rigging scheme. I've been using the technique on other builds since then.

Terry, looking good, I put a lot of effort in doing a wood grain on the floor of the Pup, all for naught. Can't see down in there anyways. You're looking good!

Thanks MP!!! I plan on doing the most wood grain effect up higher where in can be seen the most and just wood color down below.

Terry B)

You're off to a great start, looks like this is gonna be a gooden !

That aircraft is just ugly enough to look cool B) B). Step one looks very good Terry (y)

Tom

Hi T, you're off to an impressive start. You guys are not showing any mercy ! :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back