• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Willys jeep "beyond the beach"

Good choice! He looks a little like Telly Savalas. (y)

Aah yeah...could be a Kelly's Heroes theme,loved that movie!

KellysHeroesBigJoe.jpg

Greetings,Ron.

One of my all time favorite movies! And a good looking build also!

Well 6 months later..... :blush: i have some progress to show, busy painting and hoping to have it done before time is up!

P1010215.JPG

Searched colours for the uniforms but end up with 10 different suggestions :bang head :bang head :bang head
I decided to do what i find look best, maybe not correct but :idonno

P1010216.JPG

Detailpainting of the jeep body

P1010217.JPG

Hope to get some more done tomorrow

//Mats

Searched colours for the uniforms but end up with 10 different suggestions :bang head :bang head :bang head
I decided to do what i find look best, maybe not correct but :idonno

Yep, that's an uniform... :soldier

Remember this Mats?

3-16-2006-36.jpg

Both are OD! :rotf

Change up the tone slight between them and I bet you'd be good to go. :good:

Thanks Bob :good: will go over with some different shades of drybrushing to make them look a little different, Not so much to do on it but not so much time either :soldier

//Mats

Ok time for a little update :soldier

Not a good day today, but i got something done, messed up some decals (chance that i had a spare sheet from veerle's jeep) and managed to brake off the mirror a couple of times :vmad

the tyres looks realy strange on the pics, but it's vallejo dark rubber and in real they look ok, and i must spray a flat coat on tomorrow.

P1010066.JPG

P1010068.JPG

P1010069.JPG

P1010070.JPG

I see a chance to finnish this one within the time of the campaign :woohoo:

//Mats

Todays progress, not much but i got the basic skintone in place (without making a mess of things)

P1010071.JPG

P1010073.JPG

Feels good now to see another build getting close to finnished :D

//Mats

...excelent position of the figs on board :dude ... when you´ll make the weathering on the tyres , they will look better...for sure1

Best!

Luiz.

Our "new" camera arrived today :)
A Panasonic DMC-FZ8 Lumix, we had the same before but an older model, with this one we got 4 batteries and 2 memorycards of 2GB each.
Tried one of the cards in the old camera and it works to :bang head but it's good to have 2 if we are out on a show :)

Here some pics of the jeep.

P1070021~0.JPG

P1070022.JPG

P1070023.JPG

The wheels are looking better now with some dust and dirt on them :dance

//Mats

Back