• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Wow Gerry! You're a braver man than I Gunga Din! I'm really intrigued by what is coming next. You really know how to keep a thread interesting...

Finally Gott cha Mark ... time to start planning the next cuts ... I have front axle drying so I can proceed with the surgery ... Stay tuned ... More to come I get a four day weekend after Christmas ... :soldier

I admire your guts,
When you made your cuts. :good:

In The Zone,
Couldn't leave it alone! :drinks

Made the split,
To make it fit. :zen

Doin' it the hard way,
Some may say. :bang head

A fine effort,
Your Willy's Transport!! :notworthy (y)

Thanks Fellers for your kind words ... I'll have a update maybe soon still looking at cutting fenders and adding a bit of styrene, or I might just use some brass (I'm on the brass Jazz) the tires are large size ... must study which requires Midnight oil ... :soldier

I admire your guts,
When you made your cuts. :good:

In The Zone,
Couldn't leave it alone! :drinks

Made the split,
To make it fit. :zen

Doin' it the hard way,
Some may say. :bang head

A fine effort,
Your Willy's Transport!! :notworthy (y)

Thanks For the Very nice rhyme, My Friend ... this will be the greatest build ever I think, I just need to get it out of my Head, and onto the Model ... :soldier

Now on the willy's transport ... I like that name ... I bought a piece of 1" wide brass strip which I hope to be able to use to stick this together tonight ...

h99e5b9b.JPG

hc1c3723.JPG

Here the frame is done now to cut out wheel wells and channel the cab a bit ... stay tuned and remember to Keep On Truckin ... :soldier

Very nice Gerry! I would recommend widening the cab a bit so the wheels fit inside the wells. That way, even if they are larger, they are inside the wheel wells. This is really looking good. Have you thought about how to keep the curve on the front when you connect it together?

Very nice Gerry! I would recommend widening the cab a bit so the wheels fit inside the wells. That way, even if they are larger, they are inside the wheel wells. This is really looking good. Have you thought about how to keep the curve on the front when you connect it together?

Thanks James & Mark, I'm studying the cab width right now to determine the best fit. I cut some brass strips this morning, and messed with the cab width ... but had to go to work for a bit today. Now I'll be tied up with my praise group as We put on a candlelight service. Then a good 'ol Baptist feed, and We come home to wait for the opening of the presents in the morning .... (early) Hee ... Hee !!!

Merry Christmas to one and all ... I'll try for a update before I retire tonight ... been a long day & I've been on my feet most of the time today ... (y)

Back