• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What Mess-a-shmitt would you like me to build?

Heavens Eagle

I have a lot of Messershmitt kits. Lots of options. At this point I have no real leaning for any particular kit.

Here is the list so far off the top of my head:

1/32 Revell Bf109 G6 with Eduard Brassin cockpit and Brassin engine

1/32 Eduard Bf 109 E3 over the Balkins

1/72 Me 321 (?) Test/Ital Gigant glider

1/72 Me 323 (?) Test/Ital Gigant Powered with engines

I "think" I also have a couple of the old Trimaster Me262 variants in the boxed stash but will have to double check for sure. Those would be 1/48 and most likely would be the bomber variant with the glass nose and the one with the big gun. Will have to look for sure.

Your thoughts, maybe Moon could put up a vote. Will make my decision on the 16th of Jan. :blink

OK so far 2 for the Gigants, I just remembered I have some others as well

1/48 Revell Me 410 with all the goodies ( Like Chuck's build a while back)

1/32 Dragon Me 110 night fighter D & E versions

1/48 Dragon Me 110 Dacklebach (?) The Guppy fuel tank version

1/48 Eduard Royal kit Me 110 so lots of choices

1/48 Eduard a couple more Me 110 kits

1/48 Eduard Me 108 (Yeah a 108)

I think that is all. Choices choices. :hmmm :frantic

The GIGANT WITH ENGINES

Come on we never see em build do we and they are quite funky even the ones without engines is cool plus I guess we will see many 109's build for this any way

The Gigant would look great, plus its doubtful anybody else will be building one.

The Me 410 would be another good choice, I built one a little over a year ago and had fun with it (after getting past the crap fit of the canopy).

Matrixone

No point in a poll Paul, Gigant seems to be the clear leader. Now powered or not is the question. :popcorn

LOL!! :rotf

I had kind of been thinking along those lines myself. Years ago I packed both kits into one box to save space. Actually leaning toword the powered one myself. It has more to it and is more interesting. I can even throw in an old Hasegawa 1/72 Kubelwagen that I assembled years ago and never finished (no paint whatsoever) It will work to give some scale to the model. :hmmm

Now to go home and dig out the kit(s) . One thing abut it, there isn't any PE available s far as I know. Will run a check though later.

I will pass on the glider version for now as I also have the He111Z to go with it. Besides maybe we will have a glider build sometime down the road. :D

I have a lot of Messershmitt kits. Lots of options. At this point I have no real leaning for any particular kit.

Here is the list so far off the top of my head:

1/32 Revell Bf109 G6 with Eduard Brassin cockpit and Brassin engine

1/32 Eduard Bf 109 E3 over the Balkins

1/72 Me 321 (?) Test/Ital Gigant glider

1/72 Me 323 (?) Test/Ital Gigant Powered with engines

I "think" I also have a couple of the old Trimaster Me262 variants in the boxed stash but will have to double check for sure. Those would be 1/48 and most likely would be the bomber variant with the glass nose and the one with the big gun. Will have to look for sure.

Your thoughts, maybe Moon could put up a vote. Will make my decision on the 16th of Jan. :blink

OK so far 2 for the Gigants, I just remembered I have some others as well

1/48 Revell Me 410 with all the goodies ( Like Chuck's build a while back)

1/32 Dragon Me 110 night fighter D & E versions

1/48 Dragon Me 110 Dacklebach (?) The Guppy fuel tank version

1/48 Eduard Royal kit Me 110 so lots of choices

1/48 Eduard a couple more Me 110 kits

1/48 Eduard Me 108 (Yeah a 108)

I think that is all. Choices choices. :hmmm :frantic

It's pretty clear in this corner :good: I vote for the ME 323 if it makes a difference. Never seen one built :woohoo:

I dug out the 2 Gigant kits last nite along with the He111Z. Have pics and will post soon. I can now definitively answer WHY no one ever builds this kit.

It has a 30 inch wingspan. IN 72nd SCALE!! The original aircraft had a wingspan of 55 meters. This scales down to 76.39mm or 30.074 inches.

It was designed as a :blink GLIDER!

Luckily the outer wing sections are separate parts and I think I can do a modification so it wil transport more easily.

So here are the problems I see with this kit so far:

1. Old Italieri, there WILL be fit problems.
2. Lots of light sink marks all over the fuselage.
3. Making a modification to the wings to make transport easier and safer.

That's jjust what I am seeing as an overview of the base kit. Already have seen some spots to make changes for som added detail.

You do know that you will also need to add some cargo right! :D (y)

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]DeDXaf8T8LE[/video]

Back