• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What Is This ! Flak 38 on a Humvee - Somalia ?

panzerace007

Can some one answer this Question - Is this a Flak-vierling 38 on a Modern day U.S. Humvee. Now in Somalia or The Ivory Coast ? It looks like the Humvee is under New Management.

261795011_1_20101027_1653015370.jpg

ERIK

WoW ! Very Similar ! Oh, COOL, Chicks with Big Guns !! SEXY !!! :ro: ( This is merely meant as an Innocent Compliment )

James thanx for posting & the Identification.

I wonder how They got a hold of a Chinese Flak Gun & out it in an American Humvee ??

ERIK

I'd say it more likely a Soviet ZPU-4 which has been mounted. There's a shit load of former Soviet Union stuff floating around Africa - the Communists flooded the continent with cheap weaponry.

The Humvee was probably a remnant from the Somali Civil War, captured or found abandoned.

I'd say it more likely a Soviet ZPU-4 which has been mounted. There's a shit load of former Soviet Union stuff floating around Africa - the Communists flooded the continent with cheap weaponry.

The Humvee was probably a remnant from the Somali Civil War, captured or found abandoned.

Yes, thats what I think. I forgot to write the soviet designation, and even wrote the wrong Chinese designation. The Chinese quad is a Type 56 while the dual is a Type 58.
And the wear and tear on the Humvee makes it look like a remnant.
James

:blush: I bet I know where you pinched that picture from too Erik ! :D

Arthur has a way kewl gallery of Technicals ! ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Ah-Ha ! JENNY , You got Me.:D Yes I was on ArtDio's site. Although I think the recent Review is a bit dated. Accurate Armour doesn't show His stuff on thrie site & DRM ( the U.S. distributor) says - He hasn't had his stuff fro a while ???

That's too bad !! They seem to have some Really Cool stuff, Have you heard any more form ArtDio ??

ERIK

Back