• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well I guess I'm going to be a bit of a copy cat.

jknaus

Administrator
I ordered the AFV T34-85 1944/45. Will post paper and kit pic when it arrives.
Quick question, anyone know who makes a street with manhole cira Berlin 45? Have a small idea I want to try.
Thanks
James

Hi James :) , I bet your idea is unique enough by the sound of the Man Hole .

Hmmmmm I will keep an eye out for an appropriate base , I think that Mini art may have just released one , I will see if I can find it . Something tells me a panzerfaust pop up attack may be happening ;)

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:

Hmmmmm I will keep an eye out for an appropriate base , I think that Mini art may have just released one , I will see if I can find it . Something tells me a panzerfaust pop up attack may be happening ;)

That would be cool. I thought the tank idling above the man hole. Upper torso of a man attaching a magnetic mine. Some Russian troops running along side of tank to action ahead.

At least that was my thought.

hmmm wondering about the panzerfaust now though.....

James

Ooooh check this hitler youth home guard guy out , perfect pose and they were the last ones standing doing the fighting in Berlin too .

http://www.dragon-models.com/html/6279p1.htm

jknaus wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

That would be cool. I thought the tank idling above the man hole. Upper torso of a man attaching a magnetic mine. Some Russian troops running along side of tank to action ahead.

James

Hi James.

Sounds good. If the manhole cover is the same weight as the ones here in Canada you are looking at a cover that weighed between 200 and 250 pounds. How would the soldier have opened it from below?

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
jknaus wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

James

Hi James.

Sounds good. If the manhole cover is the same weight as the ones here in Canada you are looking at a cover that weighed between 200 and 250 pounds. How would the soldier have opened it from below?

Cheers from Peter

I've lifted a couple and didnt think they where that heavy. But maybe I'll have to reconsider and have a panzerfaut in the rubble.
James

James I put you in the lineup! Sounds like neat build you have planned.

Terry B)

James, check this out

http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=MIN36043

Looks like it may be a back order for them at present, but you can see the picture at least. Good luck!

Will this work for the entry? It has todays date and the model fresh off the mail. If not I'll try and find a paper.

paper_20100817_1508040722.jpg

James

jknaus wrote:
Will this work for the entry? It has todays date and the model fresh off the mail. If not I'll try and find a paper.

paper_20100817_1508040722.jpg

JAMES,

OH YEAH !! I'm interested to see how you portray th Clear parts, So many possibilities for this & All are Equally Cool as HELL :ro: !! I wish they would do one like this for th Panther !! :hmmm

I can't wait to follow this build !!

ERIK

James looks like a great project! I love interiors Ahhhhhh!!!

Terry B)

This is as far as I've got done so far.

tank1_2_20101006_1394921620.jpg

If you want the running gear to articulate I recommend mushrooming the pin on tthe lower shock strut so it doesn't disappear on you. Worked the treat for me.
James

jknaus wrote:
If you want the running gear to articulate I recommend mushrooming

mushroominh? did i read something about ... mushrooms?

or wuz it badgers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvRVK9YbZM&feature=player_embedded

Back