• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Welcome to the new Modelers Alliance

Hey Bob, I just had something funny posting a message. a warning window came up saying, "Oops, you must wait a few seconds before performing this action". after I waited and hit post everything worked fine.

Just bringing it to your attention
Maybe you clicked too hard...:lol
I've seen that a couple of times. I think our man Ken is still pokin' around the back side.

I think I figured out how to get rid of the show only unread posts filter. I went to the top right ofr the message screen to the filter drop down and checked only the bottom box, no filters selected above, and it went away.

I think I figured out how to get rid of the show only unread posts filter. I went to the top right ofr the message screen to the filter drop down and checked only the bottom box, no filters selected above, and it went away.
Didn't realize you were having a hard time with that. Yes there's a lot if different ways to view the latest post. I think when we get rid of the old front page I'll have it landing on the Latest messages instead of the forum listings.
What'chall think?

Great to see the new forum up and running!!
I just wonder, when i click the home button ontop, i come to the old startpage and my new password don't work there?
Thanks for the work you guys put into this 🤞🍻

Great to see the new forum up and running!!
I just wonder, when i click the home button ontop, i come to the old startpage and my new password don't work there?
Thanks for the work you guys put into this 🤞🍻
We're still in a WIP mode so yes the Joomla page is still up. Hope to have it turned off ASAP.
Our Reviews and News items, use to be called Articles, are now under the Resource tab. They are not linked to the forum conversations, not sure they will get there but going forward they will be.

Get this message when I click on my JT thread.
B84C4E64-FA70-42C8-88E9-970BC9FA594B.jpeg

So Ken has been working on the website.
Our Joomla page is now gone!
https://modelersalliance.org goes to the Resources page which will be home to our Articles/News/Reviews we use to have on the front page. On there should be a link to discussions which will take us back to the forum.

Dr John I sent him email about your thread, expecting a fix shortly.

So Ken has been working on the website.
Our Joomla page is now gone!
https://modelersalliance.org goes to the Resources page which will be home to our Articles/News/Reviews we use to have on the front page. On there should be a link to discussions which will take us back to the forum.

Dr John I sent him email about your thread, expecting a fix shortly.

I seem to be getting the same thing in the Media section, I assume its all related.

I seem to be getting the same thing in the Media section, I assume its all related.
Mike you broke Dr John's JT thread, last one to post there, now you done broke the Media section? ⚾
:mpup :LOL:
Na, Ken is working on the broken link, I think he's also started working on migrating the Gallery so hang tight with that one.

I think Ken has changed all the pages and so everyone's bookmarks are a broken again. You get the OOPS! link when the bookmark isn't there.
Puter_head_bash.gif

I just tried going to my Shelf Queen build and had to go find it again as my bookmark wasn't any good any more.

Also tried to look at the photos in the first post of that thread. I posted them to be full sized NOT thumbnails and on my tablet they are all thumbnails. Not thumbnails on my desktop, but thumbs on the tablet.

In addition, you can't view thumbnails unless you are logged in which kind of sucks especially since they aren't supposed to be thumbnails in my thread.

Paul you going to make us hunt for all this or you going to give us links?
Yes I think bookmarks changed because the Forum is now in the root of the website and the old Joomla site is moved in a subdirectory. I don't generally work on bookmarks anyway.

On a brighter note I tried the search function yesterday and it worked, at least for what I wanted. I enteed my screen name as a search element and I think it brought up every post I have ever made.

Paul you going to make us hunt for all this or you going to give us links?
Yes I think bookmarks changed because the Forum is now in the root of the website and the old Joomla site is moved in a subdirectory. I don't generally work on bookmarks anyway.
What I meant was that the links have changed "again". They changed once when the site switched to the new software. Then a couple of days ago I noticed that all my new bookmarks were going to the "OOPS!" page. When I went to the pages to find them I saw that the bookmark buttons (in my browser) were no longer highlighted. So something did a global change and we have to go find our threads again.

Back