• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Welcome to the new Modelers Alliance

Hey Bob, while it sin't a smiley, a "cancel" button should probably be added to the lower right in the posting box in addition to the "Post reply" and "Preview" buttons.

The back arrow does the same thing as a cancel button. Don't need more clutter.

Hey Bob, while it sin't a smiley, a "cancel" button should probably be added to the lower right in the posting box in addition to the "Post reply" and "Preview" buttons.

You can just navigate away. Also notice that when posting there's a draft saved. Not sure the timing how often it saves.
1585946837172.png

Good for when you have these crazy long post and session times out before you hit send.

couple of notes.
I turned off Private Messaging on the old Joomla front page because it will likely be shut down this weekend.
Ken is working hard on getting our Articles from the Joomla site moved over to the "Resources" section of our new site.
He also told me he's going to try and migrate the old Coppermine Gallery into the Media section. I mean WOW!

Still lots of moving pieces so hang tight. Keep posting, keep exploring and let us know any issues you find. I'm sure we'll have some tutorials coming out soon.

I noticed that there is an insert image so we don't have to use a photo hosting site...(y)

I noticed that there is an insert image so we don't have to use a photo hosting site...(y)
Dude I just took a photo and posted directly from my phone. Bring up the site on your mobile, go to the thread you're wanting the image in, hit the Attach Files, the phone should ask for permission to your camera or photos or something like that. Bring up the camera and Shoot and post!

Dude I just took a photo and posted directly from my phone. Bring up the site on your mobile, go to the thread you're wanting the image in, hit the Attach Files, the phone should ask for permission to your camera or photos or something like that. Bring up the camera and Shoot and post!
(y)(y)(y)

That's it Gary, get in here and poke around.
Can't wait till someone finds the Multi Quote. 🍿

I found the multi quote, what does that do? Couldn't make the regular quote work.

I just got word from our developer that he's being pulled into emergency issues with other customers who are hit hard with the work at home orders being issued.
I know we have some outstanding issues here, they will be taken care of as soon as possible but seeing how we're really not what you would call "essential" in the scheme of things, we'll just be patient and wait our turn.
What you'll see is when you hit the main site https://modelersalliance.org it will be https://modelersalliance.org A Secure site. It will land right here on the forum. No more front page out there like it's another website.
All our articles will be under "Resources", you can see he's started importing them but the transfer ran into some issues that he's resolving ( one issue is we're running the latest and greatest software version for zenforo).
Also, he's taking our Gallery as a challenge, he wants to try to migrate all the content in the old Coppermine Gallery into the new Media section here on Xenforo. He pulls that off he's like freakin' Scotty or someone right?

So let's give him some time to smoke things over, get the priority jobs finished supporting other websites and we'll have a nice new home when it's all said and done.

Could have been the way I set-it-up initially, but not been getting 'alerts' for the forums that I usually follow. Re-set them just now so I'll keep an eye on it.

Ian.

I went through and reset all my personal build threads and updated the links. So far all the photos in the Coppermine Gallery are still just working fine. I could go through and fix my old threads if needed as I have organized archives with all my graphics. I am sure that some things will get missed but will cover that when the time comes.

I went through and reset all my personal build threads and updated the links. So far all the photos in the Coppermine Gallery are still just working fine. I could go through and fix my old threads if needed as I have organized archives with all my graphics. I am sure that some things will get missed but will cover that when the time comes.

Paul if you want to do that go ahead but Ken will fix broken code via script, doesn't take him long to do it. Your call if you want to spend time on the computer fixing things that will be fixed anyway.
I'd rather see you at the bench.

I'm just saying that I can fix whatever FUBAR's Bob. Unlike some folks I have a VERY large archive of stuff and am going to probably invest in another couple of SSD drives in the near future to have multiple backups.

Back