• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Weather metal

paddy

i suppose this is really, how do you get this 3D paint surface ? Is their a product like liquid mask that you can paint on and spray over thats permanent ?

mefistofele - balestre 2.jpg

What can of worms you opened?

There's countless techniques Paddy it's just the one you pick to go with. I like the idea of having an enamel base with acrylic overlays, you could even alternate enamel clear coats over acrylic colors to get a really deep rooted layered rusted effect.

Hairspray method is another, but really they all are variations of the same layering technique of different colors and hues.

I'm interested in what answers you get. :popcorn

You can mix Micro Balloons or baking soda into into your paint and stipple it on. It also works for mud and dirt build up in the fenders and such. Micro Balloons work good for snow, baking soda can yellow and sometimes attracts bugs.

Cheers,
Rich

Back