• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

vinyl tires

D

dave samson

i have heard a lot in the past about adverse affects of using vinyl tires. Is this a situation that MFR's have addressed? i have a Guardian and lav with these tires and i want to get these finished :unsure: i have tried to get the resin offerings but i am being told sorry out of stock ! i just dont want to have the vinyl tires have some kind of problem and ruin the models later :angry: any help on this subject would be appreciated

dave samson wrote:
i have heard a lot in the past about adverse affects of using vinyl tires. Is this a situation that MFR's have addressed? i have a Guardian and lav with these tires and i want to get these finished :unsure: i have tried to get the resin offerings but i am being told sorry out of stock ! i just dont want to have the vinyl tires have some kind of problem and ruin the models later :angry: any help on this subject would be appreciated

Hi there.

I had a 1/35 scale Tamiya L.R.D.G. Chevrolet truck that had the vinyl tires split a year or so after they were put on. Ever since then I also sand the inside of the tire and the outside of the wheel until the tire basically slips on. I have never had a tire split since I started doing that. If you have to force the tire on, you can expect it to split or crack sometime down the time line. I also think that it's good to avoid getting oils on vinyl tires as any petroleum based product can cause vinyl to deterirate.

Cheers from Peter

Back