• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Viking Chieftain

Greg Kimsey

This figure is a Viking Chieftain from Pegaso models. It is my first metal figure. I am surprised at the level of detail that can be achieved with a metal figure. Everything seems to fit very well. There were only a few mold line touchups I had to do. I noticed another in the helmet after I was well underway, and it is just going to have to stay there. I started by priming all of the pieces in black Alclad matte primer.

Here are all of the pieces except the shield. The arms are base coated, and the head and feathers are as well.
DSC_0084.JPG

Here is the shield, already base coated and first stage painted. I may add more symbols to the shield. Researching Viking shields, and looking at still shots of the show "Vikings", it seems that the shields were mostly painted, without symbols.
DSC_0089.JPG

the rest are progress shots in various points of finish.
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG

I have done the first painting stage on the face, and it is coming to life. There is going to be a mask attached to the helmet so most of the face will be covered.
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0092.JPG

Second stage painting adds more life to it.
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0097.JPG
DSC_0095.JPG

Back