• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Useful reference site: 8th Airforce

f1matt

I wasn't really sure where to post this to be honest.

If anyone is building an American fighter from WWII you'll find plenty of great pics here.

8th Air Force Fighter Group - Littlefriends

Not surprisingly it is primarily a source for the P-47 and P-51. The pics are mostly casual ones taken by the ground crew and pilots. Lot's of neat pics to be found.

Matt

Great website, I can spend hours there just looking. How I wish they had color film more available back then!

qp-pnad.jpg

moon puppy wrote:
How I wish they had color film more available back then!

if they had, then color pics from back then wouldn't be that spectacular and this hobby robbed of real highlights! ;)

i'll move this thread to hot gossip! :)

Thanks Laura.

Yeah you're right about that MP. I've spent quite a bit of time just scrolling and looking at one interesting pic after another there.

I like the one P-47 pic where an entire horizontal stab was blown clean off by flak. Plane came home safe and sound.

Matt

Back