• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update on Grace

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Just a little update on her.

On the first week of September we received an email from Rogers State University in Oklahoma asking if Grace would come to their softball prospect camps. With Grace being 15 and still never even playing high school ball yet, we were really surprised. She did attend both camps the past weekends and was one of the youngest girls there. She played well at both.

Can't wait to see what her future has for her

That's fantastic Jeff! Give Grace our love and tell her she's got support from everyone here at her old hobby web site. I can hear her now, "Yeah I built models when I was a kid." :rotf

MP I willing to bet she doesn't end up building a model or two when she goes to college. She got stuck in Denver with my parents form March until August because of COVID and softball. A month in she was calling and asking for her models and tools

I will pass on the love

MP I willing to bet she doesn't end up building a model or two when she goes to college. She got stuck in Denver with my parents form March until August because of COVID and softball. A month in she was calling and asking for her models and tools

I will pass on the love
LOL! Jeff there is no reason that she couldn't have her own membership on here. I know many would like to see her work and would like to see a younger person in the hobby and get their thoughts and opinions on things. There are places that wouldn't be good, but everyone I have met on here would be happy to help mentor on the hobby stuff.

Glad to hear she's in demand. One of the guys I work with has a daughter playing softball for Brevard College, she's a senior this year and it seems like just yesterday she was nervous about going off to college . They grow up way too fast, enjoy the ride. :good:

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Girl amazes me all the time. I wonder if the hospital switched her at birth. She pushes herself in school and in sports to make herself better. Still has the same goal of being a Marine helicopter pilot since she sat in AH-1 cockpit when she was six. Wants to fly the CH-53. She gets up at 5 every morning makes her bed, works out, makes herself breakfast, gets ready for school and on Wednesdays when school starts at 9 she practices softball until 8:50.

I never did that. I was lucky if I made my first class every morning

That's wonderful, so dedicated to her goal I know she'll make it. Can't wait till you post about her solo! :pilot

Congrats to Grace! I remember meeting her at one of the Nationals and I was highly impressed with her intelligence and refinement. She even did her models better than mine! Personally, I'm thrilled that she's still building; I hope she never stops.

I agree, I'd love to see her join us here.

Well Grace received another invite to Washburn University in Topeka Kansas, on the 14th. So we will be traveling there for a day.

She appreciates the comments. Thanks guys!

Excellent on the invites and how well she is doing Jeff! It is always nice to know when the hard work is paying off. Makes it all worthwhile.

Great Job.gif

Just a little update on her.

On the first week of September we received an email from Rogers State University in Oklahoma asking if Grace would come to their softball prospect camps. With Grace being 15 and still never even playing high school ball yet, we were really surprised. She did attend both camps the past weekends and was one of the youngest girls there. She played well at both.

Can't wait to see what her future has for her
Wow great stuff! Loving a child enough to let go and allow them to grow is both the most painful and rewarding thing you can do

Sounds wonderful!

She sounds like a very focused young lady.

The Marines? I was USAF, but the Corps is a great organization!

Best of luck to her!

Another update
Last Tuesday was her first ever High School Soft ball game. Grace is the starting catcher as a freshman on varsity. Among some of the things she does is a pitching coach for pitchers on varsity and JV. Grace calls the pitches during the games, never has a catcher called pitches for Goodland before.

I painted up a new helmet for her

1617649749917.png

1617649773815.png

1617649795630.png

1617649818492.png

1617649862885.png

1617649887108.png

1617649908614.png

1617649931403.png

1617649949431.png

1617649970320.png

Last edited: