• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update on Bob Letterman

I guess I was blessed with being able to go and visit him a number of times. I had wanted to go visit him again earlier this year, but things have been such that I have not been able to do any trips to speak of. I was able to visit over the phone for a couple of hours on April 14th. At that time he was feeling a little rough and told me some things were going on. Wanted to call more recently and was blocked by the fact my (now former) phone carrier messed up my connectivity where I couldn't even make or receive phone calls. Nothing I could do since then. I will miss him and his humor, stories and such.

So very sorry to hear this. RIP Bob. You truly lived a Wonderful Life and did things many of us never even dreamed of doing until we saw you. So very saddened.
James

The secret to immortality is to live a memorable life. That you did my friend, that you did and then some. You taught me everything I know about modeling, and so much more than that. Godspeed mate !!!

Our love to Susan, Gail, family and friends.

I feel so empty right now.

Laurence

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants"
Isaac Newton (1642–1727)

BL was such an giant and for me personally he was one of the first persons that I heard about when it came to modelling way back in the days.
His dioramas was amazing and I will miss his inspiring updates here on the forum.

My heartfelt condolences goes to Bobs family and friends.

7f1c665957166b155747e5df67f8b6f5.gif

He truly was the closest thing we had to a superhero on Earth I know he'd blush to read this, but his long posts retelling all of his life's adventures supported that view. We should definitely make sure those posts are protected as they are really a testament to the man and the best eulogy anyone could ever write about him. God speed Bob!

I just found out about this today and was really shocked. :(
Rest in Peace Bob, you will be truly missed.
I was originally invited across to MA by Bob personally, so this site is always going to be a reminder for me of a great guy and legendary modeler. I first met Bob in 1993 at Mastercon 2 and connected with him again in 2006 on Planet dio. From there we stayed connected as internet friends.
I think I can speak truthfuly in saying I am a better person for having known him and have been priveliged to have had a friend from that special group that bring something extra to the world of others.
Thanks for everything.......
See you in the next one Buddy!

Saddened to hear the news. I had a chance to visit Miniature World when it was still operational and see all the amazing dioramas. Truly one of the highlights of my life. Rest in peace Bob.

Just reading this now, very sad news!

I hope Susan and family are doing ok! Bob was certainly an inspiration! never had the fortune to meet him in person but I have always appreciated his talent and posts on this site!

You will be missed Bob! :notworthy

Saddened to hear this. I've never met him personally, but from all the stories he's shared I still feel like I've seen a small part of his life. Godspeed friend. :Drinks:

Lewis & Bob ride again.

Y'all have probably caught where I and several others call him Dad. There's a funny back story to that.
On one of the early incarnations of this website Bob was talking about he had all this stuff but didn't know what to do with it because he had no children to leave it to (this was before they knew about Gail).
So my smart ass came up with. "Hey, I'm adoptable."
He got a kick out of that and I've been Jr ever since. :mpup

Last edited:
I never knew Bob but the way yall talk of him I know he was a true friend that will be sorely missed. You have my condolences.

Back