• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update on Bob Letterman

Such a Sad loss. Bob was the modelling diorama pioneer and a true inspiration to our hobby.

RIP Bob

My condolences to Susan, Gail and their family.

Michael

Wow, I'm glad you're okay Paul! I look forward to hearing about the memorial since I am not able to come. Terry did say it best; we all need to keep going. I was expecting someone to suggest this, but so far, no one has. So, let me offer the suggestion that we all hold a tribute build for Bob: any diorama in his honor. Maybe someday they would all end up in his museum too.

Just a wild thought

This is really such sad news, I know the thread is old but I haven’t been around much So apologized for digging this back up.

Bob was the reason I returned here after deactivating my Facebook account two years ago. I was going through all my various social media platforms to deactivate/delete whatever I could when I found a message from him on my LinkedIn account. He was such a great guy and had such kind words that I wanted to thank him, I remembered he had a large presence here so I returned and managed to log into this old account with some help from Moonpup. We spoke a couple times but not nearly enough and now those opportunities are gone. Time is cruel and waits for no one.

You are greatly missed Bob, I hope your family finds peace and comfort in knowing all these people looked up to you they way they did. Thanks for the time you gave us, we are all very grateful for everything you did.

Last edited:
This is really such sad news, I know the thread is old but I haven’t been around much So apologized for digging this back up.

Bob was the reason I returned here after deactivating my Facebook account two years ago. I was going through all my various social media platforms to deactivate/delete whatever I could when I found a message from him on my LinkedIn account. He was such a great guy and had such kind words that I wanted to thank him, I remembered he had a large presence here so I returned and managed to log into this old account with some help from Moonpup. We spoke a couple times but not nearly enough and now those opportunities are gone. Time is cruel and waits for no one.

You are greatly missed Bob, I hope your family finds peace and comfort in knowing all these people looked up to you they way they did. Thanks for the time you gave us, we are all very grateful for everything you did.
Unlike Farcebook (which I don't like at all) this is a really good site with some great folks Ken. We are located all over the world and I don't think there is ever much negatively said here. Every criticism I have seen has always had something constructive with it to help make things better. In some cases I have seen bits where the builder missed something and in showing photos we caught it and were able to point out that there was something that looked off or was missed. In almost all instances it was a correctable OOPS that could have caused problems.

Stick around and join in. I met Bob on here myself. As I then made trips regularly over to where he lived, I started swinging by and visiting. Got to know both him and his wife Susan over the last few years. He definitely was one of the most interesting people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Thing is there are a number of folks on here that are just as nice, helpful, and fun to chat with.

Back