• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Up -Armored Farmer

stellar work!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Hi guys and thanks for the very supportive comments.

Not a lot of bench time lately, but I did make a little progress. I am working on some figures for the scene - not sure how many will actually make it to the finale (1-3). You see, I am still struggling to compose my idea for the dio!!!! Oh bother. :(

Anyway, here is a WIP of one of the guys. This fellow is from Warriors and has been sculpted by my friend Bill Chilstrom. Odd, but the figure bares a resemblance to Bill himself, hum!

80p.jpg

Still a ways to go on this guy.

Stay tuned and thanks,
Rick

That's cool!

You know ol' Bill has been a member here since day one but we just can't get him to log on...Hia Bill! :Hiay

Really nice work Rick. (y)

Hi guys...and gal. I'm no figure painter so I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement.

You know ol' Bill has been a member here since day one but we just can't get him to log on...Hia Bill! :Hiay

Really nice work Rick. (y)

He moved back here to Portland a few months ago and is a regular at our club meetings. His painting and work on his figures is unbelievable. I'll let him know that he's missed here on MA.

Thanks,
Rick

B) B)
Oh yeah! Just love this kind of modelling. Beautiful.
The welds look fine Rick.......it came accross to me as old steel panels that had been welded together recently.
:ro: :dude :notworthy

Ian.

Hi all.

It's been a while, but progress is being made. I took a little detour while working on the base which added a little time to the process. I'll explain as we go along....

I began by making a 2 story building/corner from styrene on a small, round base....

120p.jpg

121p.jpg

Adding a few details such as the rain pipes and boarded-up windows...

122p.jpg

By this time, however, I wasn't particularly happy with the way it was turning out. The layout just wasn't working in my opinion. I began to play around with different ideas - changing the base size, adding sidewalks - or leaving the building off completely.

While I was messing with it I decided that I would try changing the height of the building - and make it a more rural landscape. I took my styrene building to work with me and cut it in half - now using only the top half of my original structure. To the base I added a small hillside, a ditch and a road.

125p.jpg

At this point what began as my home project became part of my job - I decided that I would make this base into a new kit release for Masterpiece Models. The next day or so (around my other projects) was spent making mold boxes and pouring rubber - and finally resin.....

The resin building/base fresh out of molds...

126p.jpg

Now, finally after all of the diversions I was ready to paint....

Primer layer using black...

127p.jpg

And now for the colors....

128p.jpg

With the advice and help from a fellow modeler from Croatia I found lots of great references showing buildings with all sorts of graffiti...such as this...

006ew9.jpg

Of course I'd have to incorporate this into my scene. You'll see from my WIP that even at this stage of the work I am still changing my mind a lot - you will notice how the graffiti changes by the last photo....

130p.jpg

131p.jpg

132P.jpg

133p.jpg

And now I am getting close to being finished with the base.......... I think!!!

135p.jpg

Thanks for looking...final photos soon.

Rick

Now that is looking good. Will be a nice backdrop for the tractor.

Terry B)

Hi all. Well, I'm going to call this one complete.

One more inspiration photo from the period....

tractordiscussion.jpg

A few final shots of the tractor.......

215ps-1.jpg

212ps-1-1.jpg

One of the things that is evident from photos of this conflict is the amount of graffiti, slogans and tagging that is on the sides of damaged buildings...such as this...

006ew9.jpg

Putting it all together I end-up with something like this....

256ps.jpg

257ps.jpg

262ps.jpg

250ps.jpg

Thanks for following along - and all of your support.

Comments and critiques are most welcomed.

Rick

Awesome Stuff !!! Rick, is this tractor available ? Who makes it ? I think it's one of those timeless pieces that would even work in a WWII setting. Not armored up ... but sitting in a Barn or something .. Next to a Panther ?

All th way around ... Great Job !! :drinks :ro:

Back