• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Universal Carrier Mk. II updated 08/05/2010

Re:Universal Carrier Mk. II updated 15th march

Well Massimo , I am very interested in your build . I have a Universal carrier with resin stowage for the artillery variant from Resicast and I will make it towing a six pounder from Resicast as well :) . I love the look of the squashed suspension and now I cannot wait to build mine :) .

Your build has lots of inspiration but I do not know if I will get MK tracks or not :S !

Now lets have fun with the painting and weathering and I will give you a mighty cheer while watching ! :woohoo:

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Jenny and many thanks.. :) I suggest you to buy Modelkasten tracks, they fit perfectly and are better than others in resin.

Cheers :cheer:
Massimo

Re:Universal Carrier Mk. II updated 5th april

Hello my friends... :laugh: ...a little update. The weathering process is not finished yet...a long way to gooooooo !!!! :silly:

Any comments are welcome as usual...and thanks for looking ! :eek:hyeah

Massimo :Hiay

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Massimo,
It's really coming together, love the paint and markings.
Great looking little run about.
Shawn

Many thanks Josè and Shawn. I hope to finish it in the next weekend... :unsure:

Cheers :cheer:

Massimo

Hi all :)

a little update: chips and scracthes..... the work go very slow, time to modelling is always short :evil:
Thanks for looking...

Massimo :cheer:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

jenny croft wrote:
Well Massimo , I am very interested in your build . I have a Universal carrier with resin stowage for the artillery variant from Resicast and I will make it towing a six pounder from Resicast as well :) . I love the look of the squashed suspension and now I cannot wait to build mine :) .

Your build has lots of inspiration but I do not know if I will get MK tracks or not :S !

Now lets have fun with the painting and weathering and I will give you a mighty cheer while watching ! :woohoo:

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Jenny.

You might really want to consider after-market tracks. I have built a couple of the Tamiya Universal Carrier kits (one was a re-release and had European Theater Troops in it) and the kit-supplied vinyl tracks are quite tight and a one of mine snapped weeks after it was placed on the model. I think there are four different boxings of the Universal Carrier by Tamiya counting this early North African Campaign one. It's a neat kit and Massimo is doing a fantastic job on his.

FOr interest, if it is permissible to post this. I read in a book about the 4th Field Regiment of the Royal Canadian Artillery where a F.O.O.* was moving forward in the dark along a country road in Normandy and came across a bunch of dead Germans lying in the roadway. He carefully maneuvered the Universal Carrier around each one and made it to his post. A bit later he drove back down that same road in the same carrier and there were no dead Germans there. It turned out that he had navigated around a bunch of Germans who were playing possum. It would have been interesting times had he run opver one of them on the way up.

Cheers from Peter

* Forward Observation Officer

Re:Universal Carrier Mk. II finally finished

Hi all,

finally i've finished this little carrier, after some months.... :silly: :huh:

Now it's time to make diorama for it.... :evil: :dude

Thanks for looking.

Massimo :)

DSC_0015_2.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg