• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ukrainian Interceptor - MiG-25PDS (1/48 ICM)

Kit seats look the part well enough. I'll scratch some belts out of aluminum tape and call it a day.

I was on the fence about an AM IP, but this came out well enough. Especially with how small the canopy is, not super visible like an teen fighter.

Being forewarned about the finicky fit around the fuselage/intake joins from a friend of mine...I'm deviating from the instruction directions/sequencing. We'll see if this makes matters better...or worse.

Minor step back. The rear intakes (lower) need to be fitted before the forward upper. So out those come. There were a couple ejector pin marks on the inside of the rear intakes. I don't know that they would've been visible unless you knew they were there and were looking for them...but they are getting a little filler anyways. The dry fit of the rear lower intake looked good though. I'll get these cleaned up, painted and installed. It won't be too long now before the fuselage is closed up (maybe this afternoon?).

It is always easier to test fit a lot and make it easier to go together than to fight your way through the mismatch caused by not triple checking things.

I love your workspace, looks just like mine where the coffee cup takes priority :) and there is never quite enough room to put a model more than half built.

Back