• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U boat books

Piet

Looking for some light reading on the German submarines (U booten ) here some titles you can look for .
I must have more .............because the covers are in my mind but cant find then between all the other books :bigrin:
ub 001.JPG
ub 002.JPG
ub 003.JPG
ub 004.JPG
ub 005.JPG
ub 006.JPG
ub 007.JPG
ub 008.JPG
ub 009.JPG
ub 010.JPG
ub 011.JPG
ub 012.JPG
ub 013.JPG
ub 014.JPG
ub 015.JPG
ub 018.JPG
ub 019.JPG
ub 020.JPG
ub 022.JPG
ub 023.JPG
ub 024.JPG
ub 025.JPG
ub 026.JPG
ub 028.JPG
ub 029.JPG
ub 030.JPG
ub 031.JPG
ub 032.JPG
ub 033.JPG
ub 034.JPG
ub 035.JPG
ub 036.JPG
ub 037.JPG
ub 038.JPG
ub 039.JPG
ub 040.JPG
ub 041.JPG
ub 042.JPG

Wow! How many books are missing for it to be a complete collection? Do you plan to get this one too?

1606597703576.png

Regards,

This one i have ,but a friend is reading it at the moment.
Probably never will be complete ,haven't looked on the Heimdal site for a while...... will check it out soon
The have an awesome book inventory not just naval the w-ss are top also .

That is some collection. Impressive.

I have a few of them including some Im Focus.

If you haven't yet, keep an eye out for Clay Blair's two volumes of Hitler's U boat War. He has every single recorded sortie of the war, but very well written, so it's breeze and gives you a real comprehensive account. First one is the Hunters, second, the Hunted.

That is some collection. Impressive.

I have a few of them including some Im Focus.

If you haven't yet, keep an eye out for Clay Blair's two volumes of Hitler's U boat War. He has every single recorded sortie of the war, but very well written, so it's breeze and gives you a real comprehensive account. First one is the Hunters, second, the Hunted.
Looks like he copied the 4 Mittler books i posted .
The four blue books (400+ each pages ) does the same and more (but in German)
Every single boat build,all the commanders and there mission including sinkings and all the u boats that where lost

But i guess the ones i have are hard to find these days ......The Clay Blair's are good to have if you like statistics :vgood:

Ps
Feel free to add other U boot books that you guys think are good/interesting .
I am always on the hunt for new ones ............especially with a lot of pictures.

Last edited:
Blair's books aren't written as a chronicled diary, but a narrative with other advancements in technology on both sides as it unfolds. Adds personal histories, political and strategic command decisions, turning points, especially with countermeasures and includes RAF and USN accounts. Reads more like Max Hastings or Antony Beevor, but with all tonnage and crew info included.

Blair was a sub officer and did the same first with the US subs in the Pacific. I never got to finish those volumes though, my son took all the books with him to his Marine engineering school.

To me, his stuff is the perfect balance between a dry unit history and a first hand account. It provides info and analysis. I can't check, but IIRC, it was 1600 pages between both volumes of his Uboat works. Afterwards, you feel like you went thought it.

Back