• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tyrrell P-34 six wheeler

BigDog

Hi Boyz'n Gals,

I have gathered what courage I had left to post one of my builds :unsure: - I assembled it some eight or nine years ago. Please keep in mind that at the time I had no knowledge of model building/painting techniques, or of Forums like TanksandThings that have so much to offer to a newb
emoticon_meuidolo.gif
... So here it goes:

Tyrrell P-34 six wheeler - Tamiya 1/20

tyrrellp34_diagonalesquerda_rzd.jpg

tyrrellp34_diagonalfrente_rzd.jpg

tyrrellp34_frenteeinterior_rzd.jpg

tyrrellp34_motor_rzd.jpg

tyrrellp34_vistatrs_rzd.jpg

As you can see, I had no idea of what could be done with shading and weathering techniques, or even with putty. Also, I can't deny that a bit of hastiness, better still, lazyness, was involved, as I only sanded the rear tires... :blush:

Anywhat, I guess that you folks now know why I'm here: other than making friends, I really wanna learn how to build a good model!
Emoticon_piscando.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

depailler/scheckter 1976 ... memories ... i will never forget the p34!

my dad was a die hard formula 1 fan and i remember my brother and me wondering back then, why my dad was watching cars racing in circles every second sunday!

two cars always catched my eyes 1976 - the red ferraris and the sixwheelers!

i always loved the unusual style of the tyrell!

good work and thanks for bringing back some memories!

Hi Fernao,
Great choice. If I was going to build another F 1 racer it would be top of the list. JPS Lotus in second place.
Really liked the 1/12 scale though which seems to have vanished.

Very nice, Christian B)

Dear Fernão.

...great racing car...and you did an excelent job!...btw,did you use airbrush to paint it!

... I enjoy a lot racing cars...mainly,Gt racing cars...belive me, I'm an auto modeler too...

...when I see an F1 racing car I remmenber our idol Ayrton Senna...and you?

...thanks for sharing with us!...and I hope to see more works from yours!

All the best for you,my friend!

Luiz.

Yo Gals'n Boyz,

Thanks for your nice words Kreighshoer, Dario, Christian and Luiz! I am totally aware that this model in not up to this Forum's standards, but it is something I built, so I thought, what the hell, eh?!? ;)

This Tyrell was an incredible car to see race live, like I did on more than one ocasion, including Monaco: it was "fayest"! Pity that Goodyear abandoned production of the small front tires... :( I feel sad for today's generation of F-1 fans, as they're exposed to a very boring sport when compared to the P-34's time - and lets not forget that Tyrell was kind of a backyard operation when it first started and still for quite some time after that, even when Stewart raced for them.
emoticon_nod.gif

Yes Luiz, I too miss Senna on the tracks: he always made our Sundays a little more fun. ;)

Cheers and tanks for looking: I promise to do better next time... :blush:
Fernao

Back