• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Two 1/35 Scale Tamiya L.R.D.G. Chevrolets

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Okay, this is not really a diorama but I can't figure out where else Wheeled Vehicles would go on this forum.

Here some images of two of my Tamiya L.R.D.G. Chevrolet trucks. I have five other L.R.D.G. Chevrolet trucks in various stages of completion.

The Jerry cans are from Italeri. The rolled-up Sand-mats are strips of paper-and-wire twist-ties you get in packages of garbage bags. The red on the ends is there because one side of the sand-mats was red&white air-recognition panels. I was in contact with a fellow who was with the L.R.D.G. and hew told me about these.

The Vickers guns and ammo drums are from an Italeri Commando Car kits.

The camouflage net is a ladies hairnet that has a large weave.

OOPS! I need to fill in the bottoms of those pedestal-mounted machine guns ammo boxes.

All painting and weathering was Folk Art acrylics applied by brush.

lrdg_1_20100504_1639073437.jpg

lrdg_2_20100504_1216231561.jpg

lrdg_3_20100504_1423417451.jpg

lrdg_4_20100504_1400201821.jpg

lrdg_5_20100504_2063971058.jpg

lrdg_6_20100504_1441820417.jpg

Thanks for looking and cheers from Peter

I think these vehicles always look better in numbers , you've put a lot of work into the scene , keep it up .

regards
Brian

Dioramix wrote:
Looks very good!

I seek such a Chevy for a LRDG diorama. Which kit is it?

Hi there.

The trucks are the old 1/35 scale Tamiya L.R.D.G. Chevrolet truck kit. I added lots of accessories and scratch-built my own sand mats from paper-covered wire-core twist-ties you get in packages of greee garbage bags. The Tamiya kit comes with a pedestel mounted Lewis gun and the two Lee-Enfield rifles by the cab.

I also sanded the outside of each wheel and theinside of each tire slightly so that the tire fit is not too tight. If the tire fits the wheel too tightly the tire may later split - months or even years later..

Cheers from Peter

I haven't seen one of these for years. This was nearly My favourite kit as a kid. I wish Dragon would revisit the subject.

Nie pair - love all the stowage. :)

Ian.

Hi Mate
Great models, love the idea of the garbage tie strips for the recognition mats ,think i will put some in with the stowage .
You have 5 more you lucky devil lol lol
Cheers Chris

Back