• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter PT-76 Mod 1951

maus

Hi

This is my entry for the Russia With love build.

James

Start_PT-76.JPG

Sorry guys

Work has been very crazy and I really didn't build any thing until last Friday night (8 Feb) then I was able to spend a couple of hours on the vehicle. I have ready a couple of other on line reviews about the kit and so far they have been bang on. The locator pins for the running gear is a little lose but so far everything fits together very nicely. I have found one error for numbering in the instructions but not a game stopper and some of the pictures make it hard to figure out where the pieces go. One of the reviews was pretty accurate that you could probably finish the kit straight out the box in a weekend. Pictured is what I have gotten done so far on the upper, lower and turret, the second picture is all three together. There is no interior except for the water jets, which is pretty basic and no details.

Love Russian radio

Cheers
James

DSC05569.JPG

DSC05570.JPG

Thanks everyone

I got a little done tonight with all the work being done on the upper hull. I also ordered PT-76 Naval Infantry markings (Bison decals) on e-bay last night, so I going to do this vehicle up as a Russian Naval Infantry vehicle. I found some sink holes around the drivers hatch, hence the green putty. So far averything is coming together nicely.

James

Pt76_upper_hull.JPG

I got a little bit more done over the weekend. It seems the weekends are the best time for me to build. I'm about 75% done and I am going to wait for the decals to arrive before I prime or paint. The kit has been a blast to build, some parts have a loose fit and require putty around the edges and a few small parts, which is not out of the ordinary, other than that no complaints. The large holes on the side is where the tow cable attaches to the side of the vehicle.

James

PT-76_17_feb.JPG

Back