• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Hotchkiss H35

Kreighshoer

well ... while in the middle of my figure painting madness i felt a strong urge to do some airbrushing!

it went that strong that i couldn't fight it anymore!

luckily i have some shelf queens that are in need of finishing and/or repainting!

the trumpeter hotchkiss i built ages ago (2006 i think it was) was abused by me for test and trial airbrushing markings in different colors and finally i decided to finish this one!

of course i had applied the wrong base color back then before i lost interest! i didn't know www.chars-francais.net back then!

so my first task was to apply the correct basic color (green) over my wrong basic color (brown) and let it look as if that would have been the applied camo!

and of course i had a mishap while reinserting the turret! the LHS side visor broke out and while regluing some glue attacked the paint! (crap!)

the hair visible on the turret RHS in pic #3 has gone in the meantime - don't worry!

next will be the markings! :S

Mylene Farmer - Desenchantée (outstanding video!)

that's where i started:

hotchkiss1_20100321_1770135903.jpg

that's what i wanted the tank to look like (minus the fumble!):

hotchkiss2_20100321_1833479375.jpg

hotchkiss3_20100321_1197270442.jpg

this is the first of my shelf queens i'll resurrect! three more to go! (or are they four? mehafta check!)

g060.gif

Great re-paint job! Love these early tanks, the cast turret and hull, and the suspension give it a sort of "primitive" look.

Looking forward to see more!

Erik

thanks dudes!

markings time! i couldn't get rid of some of the silvering, no matter what trick i tried - maybe i'll give the decals another coat of matt! hrmpf!

what most people would never have guessed is that i love the music of angelo branduardi - i even doubt that anybody outside of italy has ever heard of him!

those curious should listen to this song: Angelo Branduardi - La Pulce D'Aqua

markings1_20100322_1314238592.jpg

markings2_20100322_1078968160.jpg

g060.gif

Great job Laura! I love this little tank. I might try my hand at one. Is the trump better than the Bronco? Ryan

aaaaaaaaaaargh! i noticed that i attached the smaller tricolores on the wrong spot and thanks to white glue and clear matt they cannot be relocated!

k022.gif

but thanks anyway dudes! this was sleeping too long under a cover of dust! it's one of only two allied tanks i have and now want to finish at last!

53Chevy wrote:
Is the trump better than the Bronco?

you joking ryan? what did someone name his thread about this particular kit?

... "trumpeter - hotchkiss my a$$!"

the parts do not fit together very well and the very stiff tracks are waaaaaaaay too long for this tank! the trumpeter kit has a price tag of about 10,-€ and the bronco 25,-€

with the trumpeter kit you get a minimal interior, with the bronco kit a metal barrel, springs and the chain typical for french tanks plus a complete interior for turret and hull plus a single link track!

if you want to build this tank do yourself a favour and go for the bronco offering!

Hi Laura, Nice job on the tank :) I just got a baby one, RPM's 1/72 version, so will follow this one. Thanks for the link to the french site.

Randy

indeed josé - weathering fun is coming! :)

please share your build with us randy! i would be highly interested!

did the tracks, roadwheels and two washings - dark brown and black ... strange - whenever i sit in front of this lil' fella i have "feo, fuerte y formal" in mind! :S

washings1_20100322_1574229947.jpg

washings2_20100322_1202940381.jpg

washings3_20100322_1328315556.jpg

still wet! next fading, tools, pigments (that'll be the point where i will finish the pz3k)

g060.gif

I second Terry's comment, nice save!! Could you maybe add a dart to the errant bullseye?? :silly:

:eek:hmy: :blink :huh: A non Panzer Grey Little Laura build :idonno

Way nice , you should do these other colours more often ! :D (y)

I like it heaps (y)

Jenny :kiss:

terry, mike, pavel, jenny - thanks for keeping me motivated! :)

continued a little bit with the weathering - slowly it's looking like a tank!

Helium Vola - saelic (every springtime i cannot stop listening to this medieval song! sooooo beautiful!)

weathering1_20100323_1002634551.jpg

weathering2_20100323_1955453191.jpg

a little bit more then it's tooltime (ararar!), pigments and muffler!

jenny croft wrote:
:eek:hmy: :blink :huh: A non Panzer Grey Little Laura build :idonno

Way nice , you should do these other colours more often ! :D (y)

erm ... have you forgotten this one:

whippet_20100323_1311938790.jpg

???

and then there's this one i found in a box - another shelf queen covered with tons of dust! *sigh* (and again with the wrong base coor! ARRRRGH!)

7tp_20100323_1654314808.jpg

the tracks of this mirage kit were the worst i ever have encountered! but heck - i bought this kit for 3,-€ (!) ... and abused it more than the hotchkiss! stencil airbrushing trials, covering it with silver just for fun etc. etc. etc. *whistle* :whistle:

g060.gif

:blink

:eek:hmy:

:S

WOW ! !

You get dragged away for a weekend, and all kinds of fun stuff happens when your gone. This is looking like a really really nice redo that you got going on here Laura (y) . I can not only hardly wait to see this come out the other side, but I also can only wonder what else is coming next.

Gary B)

Back