• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat (DONE)

nerdling

Picked this kit up for cheap on Amazon a few weeks back. I decided to go ahead and build it for this campaign since I honestly doubt the Titanic will get finished in time.

IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

Re: Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat

Well I got the kit all slapped together over the weekend. Fairly easy build. I will say the instructions sucked. Parts mislabeled and that type of thing. The kit gives you the option of three different conning towers. But Trumpeter would have you use the same rear decking which doesn't work for all three. The parts are in the box though. Now it's time to get her primed and start painting.

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

This should be pretty neat to see weathered up and all. :popcorn

Neat looking little pig boat!

:popcorn

Finished her up lastnight. If I was to build this kit again I would wait to put on the periscopes and diving planes until I was finished weathering. As it stood I broke off part of the scope and a part of a diving plane. No idea where they went to, but oh well. Overall she was a fun little kit to build. Not without a few minor flaws but for 16 bucks a nice kit with some great possibilities. I tried to keep the weathering a bit tame since these boats weren't in service for long.

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

Back