• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tree bark?

iambrb

Hey gang! So I have this log armor for my WW2 European Theater Sherman…what is the bes color to replicate tree bark? I’m thinking European Pine, but sure would appreciate some pointers!!!

Attachments

• 05365FF4-4D8E-4A84-BE30-1C4A70B26DF7.jpeg
    05365FF4-4D8E-4A84-BE30-1C4A70B26DF7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
I used Vallejo Chocolate Brown 70.872,a light earth wash,and some dry brushing for highlights,dusted with European dust pigments.The inside is Modelmaster Wood. Accurate for the area? not sure,but I was happy the way it looked.
Gotta figure their not going to look like they were freshly logged,they will have to same mud,dust,dirt, that the tank and running gear has.

Last edited:
well it depends where in europe you go - pine trees i.e. are not the most common trees in germany, here we have much more spruce and fir and beech and oak are also quite common.

Back