• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Touch N Flow

nerdling

So I was reading Mats thread about his awesome Railpuller. Got me to thinking about the Touch N Flow and it's use. Who here has one and what are your views on it. I've had one since November of last year and think it is an amazing product that I will never live without again. What is the easiest way to fill this thing though. I have the little bottle but honestly it just seems to make a huge mess more then anything. So let's hear all the experts advice on filling it up and cleaning out a clog.

Edit-Just realized this would fit in better in the Help Me section so if it could be moved over there that would be great. Always forget about that section :bang head

Well, if the bottle is full then it should suck up some in the tube, sometimes it needs help so I'll suck on it just a bit...(remember, I have the power to ban with a stroke of a mouse button so watch the obvious joke...:mpup) :facepalm

I actually made one out of brass a while back but could not gage out much was in the tube. I'm investing in another one very soon.

Moved.
I dont have one, am interested in hearing all the thoughts on this tool.
James

I have a rubber bulb like this- it fits pretty well to the glass end and sucks up glue pretty well. It's for cleaning Rapidiograph technical pens. It's by Koh-I-Noor, available from Dick Blick or other art supply stores.

attachment.php

Well, if the bottle is full then it should suck up some in the tube, sometimes it needs help so I'll suck on it just a bit...(remember, I have the power to ban with a stroke of a mouse button so watch the obvious joke...:mpup) :facepalm

I actually made one out of brass a while back but could not gage out much was in the tube. I'm investing in another one very soon.

What Joke :evil: Actually I do that same thing, basically use it as a straw and just get a bit in there and works fine. Just don't get it in your mouth :gogo It just makes the glue so much more controllable then a brush does.

I use a Precision Glue Applicator from Gator's Grip Glue (our own Kenny).

Regards,

Actually I do that same thing, basically use it as a straw and just get a bit in there and works fine. Just don't get it in your mouth :gogo It just makes the glue so much more controllable then a brush does.

Bingo.. :coolio

I use the refill bottle, but i do like this, first i put the big end of the TnF in the bottle with glue and put the small tube of the refill bottle over the tube of the TnF and suck the glue up with that (before putting it over the TnF you squeze out the air) take care because you fill it up fast!

tried to fill it from the refill bottle to but made a big mess, that´s why i put it away and did´nt use it till now :)
//Mats

If you got the touch n flo kit, the one with the cement and a little blue capped bottle, try this.
Squeeze the bottle and put the needle into the tube,holding them together with a little pressure release the bottle and watch the cement flow into the tube. no sense in drinking the stuff Ryan. :rotf

If you got the touch n flo kit, the one with the cement and a little blue capped bottle, try this.
Squeeze the bottle and put the needle into the tube,holding them together with a little pressure release the bottle and watch the cement flow into the tube.

Paul, I tried this and it didn't work until I put the tip of the Touch-n-Flow applicator into the liquid cement bottle.

3dfou.gif

Regards,

Squeeze the bottle and put the needle into the tube,holding them together with a little pressure release the bottle and watch the cement flow into the tube.

Paul, I tried this and it didn't work until I put the tip of the Touch-n-Flow applicator into the liquid cement bottle.

3dfou.gif

Regards,

Saul when you tried it, did it just spill everywhere. Because I tried it and it just made a mess for me. But I've not tried it with the needle in bottle.

I have one somewhere, if I can find it, it's up for grabs, never had any luck with the thing.

I have one somewhere, if I can find it, it's up for grabs, never had any luck with the thing.

Before you get rid of it, try these methods (if they don't work, I got dibs).

Method one without the squeeze bottle from the set:
[ol]
[li]Place glass tube end of applicator in liquid cement bottle. If the tip is unclogged, the tube will fill with cement on its own.[/li]
[li]Lift tube out and lay flat. The cement stays inside the glass tube of the applicator.[/li]
[li]If too much cement, tilt glass end of tube in brim of cement bottle without touching cement, you should see it flow out and drain the amount needed then repeat step 2.[/li]
[li]To use, tilt slowly the metal hypo tube end until you see a drop forming.[/li]
[li]Run along seam with the metal hypo tubing facing AWAY from the direction you are moving.[/li]
[li]Do not run over that seam again and ignore any runs as the cement will dry up. Squeeze seam halves together to push up some molten plastic.[/li]
[/ol]

Method two using the squeeze bottle from the set (Paul's version if I understood him - but hey, it worked!):
[ol]
[li]Place metal hypo tube end of applicator in liquid cement bottle.[/li]
[li]Squeeze plastic bottle and (while still squeezed) insert hypo tube end into glass tube end of applicator.[/li]
[li]Let go of squeeze bottle and it will cause the suction to fill the applicator.[/li]
[li]Remove squeeze bottle and place away from cement. No mess (yet).[/li]
[li]Lift tube out and lay flat. The cement stays inside the glass tube of the applicator.[/li]
[li]If too much cement, tilt glass end of tube in brim of cement bottle without touching cement, you should see it flow out and drain the amount needed then repeat step 2.[/li]
[li]To use, tilt slowly the metal hypo tube end until you see a drop forming.[/li]
[li]Run along seam with the metal hypo tubing facing AWAY from the direction you are moving.[/li]
[li]Do not run over that seam again and ignore any runs as the cement will dry up. Squeeze seam halves together to push up some molten plastic.[/li]
[/ol]

When clogged:

[ol]
[li]Stick metal hypo tube end in liquid cement (I use a bottle which is strictly for brush).[/li]
[li]After a few minutes, blow into glass end. If you see bubbles, it is unclogged.[/li]
[/ol]

Another method is to use fuse wire to clean out the hypo tubing. I have read of people using another hypo to fill with some liquid cement and then placing the metal tip near a candle to see a flame burn out the plastic. I wouldn't do that.

Regards,

I've been using one for almost 15 years, and absolutely love it. I used the same one up until about 6 months ago when the glue holding the tip wore out enough that it started leaking glue, and I had to get a new one.

I got the kit w/ the refill bottle, and I just couldn't make the bottle work.

To fill mine, I use a pipette w/ a fine tip on it, that fits perfectly inside the end of the TnF and use it to draw the glue up inside. It works awesome, been using this method for several years.

Back