• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tool Time - Possible reasons for rotated pics

Heavens Eagle

Just got to thinking and have noticed some things about my Note 10+ when it takes photos (also my older Note 4)

h44050e2.jpg

h31986f8.jpg

h66bda48.jpg

h6a792fa.jpg

For my Moto G6 I use this app...very easy to use and the pop up as usually only happens on the first pic edited...small price to pay ;)

h3a4623a.png

I don't think my Android has that option Paul and from what I gathered it's iPhones who have issues. We're really close to the new website, I mean REALLY. So I wouldn't invest too much effort in this issue.

I have gotten the oddball sideways photos from my Android Note 10, AND from my Nikon D3500. Usually though it seems to show up when taking photos from top down with the cameras flat pointing down. The Note 10 is east to see if it is off because of the graphics I pointed out (when I LOOK). The Nikon just surprises me. I think it has a setting that I can turn the auto rotate stuff off, and will probably do so at some point.

I am unable to download and install my software preferences so I simply use what all Windows computers have, Paint.
h53a28c6.jpg

Regards,

Back