• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TOMAHAWK (FROM SCI-FI SHOWDOWN)

Re: TOMAHAWK "DID A LITTLE PAINTING"

I started painting the guns last night. I think this may come out looking cool.
Here's some pictures. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06456.JPG

DSC06455.JPG

DSC06454.JPG

B)

I would really like one of these for the stack, this is Macross. That Gundam stuff gets on my nerves, sorry Dave. Just too weird.

Yep Macross! Some of the Gundam stuff is ok, but yeah you're right.

B)

where did you find this stuff? local? My local doesnt carry this kinda thing, maybe i can check our big comic shop (we have two)

Most of these kits are OOP. I got mine off Ebay.

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "BACK TO WORK"

Man talk about a build slipping through you fingers! With two months to go I need to hit this one hard so this morning went back to work. I added the cockpit and fron torso and the torso mounted weapons. I'm thinking abouts some extra details, but more about that later. So stay tuned. Here are a couple of pictures to get things going again.

Terry B)

DSC07804.JPG

DSC07805.JPG

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "PART BY PART"

Well a little more and the torso is assembled. Little by little and bit by bit. Next will be the painting. Some pictures of the work so far. comments welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07806.JPG

DSC07807.JPG

DSC07808.JPG

B)

T ,

I'M DIGGIN' IT !! Rock-On Brotha' ! Keep it rollin' !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UbBkgGMT8​

That's a cool song!!! Got just got keep on gettin on.

Thanks Erik!

Terry B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "PAINT"

Ok I've done some painting. I base coated the torso Tamiya NATO Brown and then added successive coats and shades of Tamiya NATO Brown and Tamiya Desert Yellow. The final paint shade is Tamiya Deck Tan. After the paint dried I put on a overall oil wash Burnt Sienna. Here are some pictures of the process and progress. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07809.JPG

DSC07810.JPG

DSC07811.JPG

DSC07812.JPG

DSC07813.JPG

DSC07814.JPG

DSC07815.JPG

DSC07816.JPG

DSC07817.JPG

DSC07818.JPG

DSC07819.JPG