• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TOMAHAWK (FROM SCI-FI SHOWDOWN)

Re: TOMAHAWK "DIO PLANS"

You need to clean out the desk to make room for that! :geek
I'm really looking forward to see it coming alive (y)
//Mats

Well talk is cheap. I need to get the mech done first.

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "DIO PLANS"

Clean out the desk, you'll have to clean out the garage for this..

:popcorn

Re: TOMAHAWK "GET YOUR GUNS"

Enough talk time to build. Started on the TOMAHAWK and step one is making the main guns. Pretty simple two parts and a polycap, however there some nasty seams that must be sanded and smoothed out of the way. To give the guns a little more character I added some metal tubing. Next will be the arm assemblies. Here are some progress pictures. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06395.JPG

DSC06396.JPG

DSC06397.JPG

DSC06398.JPG

DSC06399.JPG

B)

that's some kick-ass guns!!
MP, they harvest the majs here now, so the supply of popcorn is secured! :)
//Mats

that's some kick-ass guns!!
MP, they harvest the majs here now, so the supply of popcorn is secured! :)
//Mats

Thanks Mats!! Got some more ideas comming up.

;)

Re: TOMAHAWK "ARMS UP"

Got the arms done and test fitted to the upper torso. I need to add some details and then I think I will paint the arms and guns.

B)

DSC06400.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

DSC06402.JPG

B)

Looks nice! what colour are you planning to add to this fellow? (y)

Looks nice! what colour are you planning to add to this fellow? (y)

Kind of a dark yellow/desert yellow color. Some of these were painted olive drab or dark green too.

B)

I always liked Big Bad Robots... this looks BIG... The Guns alone are looking pretty mean !

How much are those babies ??? and do you get them from Ebay or Japan ??? I wouldn't mind building
one !

Take care and good luck with the project.... it's looking mighty fine !

I always liked Big Bad Robots... this looks BIG... The Guns alone are looking pretty mean !

How much are those babies ??? and do you get them from Ebay or Japan ??? I wouldn't mind building
one !

Take care and good luck with the project.... it's looking mighty fine !

I got this one off Ebay. I was lucky this one only cost me $38.00, however most of the time this particular mech runs from $70.00 and up. These are on Ebay all the time bide your time and you will get one for the price you want. The Tomahawk comes in two scales 1/100 and 1/72. Good luck in your search.

(y)

Re: TOMAHAWK "LITTLE UPDATE"

This is just a small update. I am trying add some small details the the box art shows that is not present on the kit parts. Plus I have added the missile bays to the torso.

Here are some update pic's

Terry

DSC06449.JPG

DSC06450.JPG

DSC06451.JPG

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "LITTLE UPDATE"

Even a small progress is a step forward :)
Looking good. (y)
//Mats

Back