• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

To Kill Tanks. Ju 87 G

Paulw

well I have brought this out again to get it finished. repaired the damages done by my self and now on the way to completion.
I have to repaint the interior because some of the details are lost in that dark of shade.
IMG_2152_zpsc9cb4697.jpg

IMG_2157_zps555b4fcb.jpg

IMG_2158_zpsd5890da1.jpg

I have to find the right tone because it is way to recessed to see anything that dark.

:fencing

To keep from going :gogo I worked mostly on the pit tonight. used some contrasting colors which the flash makes to look real light and blue.

The kit decals just didn't even respond to solvaset do I ditched those and now Ill be on the prowel through my decal stash to get the correct ones when its time to put the stickers on.

IMG_2165_zpsec12ca73.jpg

sorry but only one pic of this tonight

The kit decals just didn't even respond to solvaset do I ditched those and now Ill be on the prowel through my decal stash to get the correct ones when its time to put the stickers on.

Are you referring to the instrument panels?

If so, I recommend AirScale to be added to your stash. For stenciling, Hobby Decal dry transfers is the way:

Click on image to buy directly but I get mine through Lucky Model. Other markings are available from aftermarket companies such as SuperScale, Aeromaster, Eagle Editions (recommended as accurate), and Print Scale. The Aeromaster, highlighted, is on sale and looks accurate to me. Click on it to buy from a trusted eBay store.

Regards,

Are you referring to the instrument panels?

If so, I recommend AirScale to be added to your stash. For stenciling, Hobby Decal dry transfers is the way:

Click on image to buy directly but I get mine through Lucky Model. Other markings are available from aftermarket companies such as SuperScale, Aeromaster, Eagle Editions (recommended as accurate), and Print Scale. The Aeromaster, highlighted, is on sale and looks accurate to me. Click on it to buy from a trusted eBay store.

Regards,
Thanks Saul, Ill give it a shot.

Very nice so far!

What I use to highlight RLM 66 painted cockpits is a very light dry brushing with silver to make the details pop.

Eagle Editions decals are well researched and they give that 'painted on look' when on the model. The only EagleCal sheet that might not be too accurate is the 1/48 scale sheet of the Galland Circus Doras...I am not sure if they have been updated to match the newer information in Jerry's Vol.2 Dora book.

Matrixone

Thanks for the info Les. This is getting to be a slow process because the masking og the green house, I only have one decision to make but I guess I am balking at that one, weather or not to mask inside (the proper way) or out side (the easy way).

I only have one decision to make but I guess I am balking at that one, weather or not to mask inside (the proper way) or out side (the easy way).

Why not use decal stripes for the inside? I believe the kit includes them.

Regards,

Looking good Paul!

Thinking about purchasing a B or a D and doing it up in Hungarian markings....

Hasegawa released a 1:48 B with Aeromaster Hungarian decals - I sold mine before we came-out to NZ - Worth trying to get that one. Looks superb in the light earth brown and dark green.

Watching this build closely, I have a RoG D1/3 in the stash but haven't got the space to display it built ATM. Keep up the good work.

Ian

Back