• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

THE TROUBLE WITH KARL (or a Trick of the light )

Hello everyone,
this is my latest update. I have put down some more ground work but still need to finish all the piping.
I have also thrown in the hunchback that I have begun putting together.

0ct17d.jpg

0ct17c.jpg

0ct17a.jpg

0ct17e.jpg

latest update November 2011

I have been doing a lot of building to get the base ready to paint and have finally finished.
I have done all the Machine piping and added the ground work and the broken railings. I am now working on the hunchback.
THE BASE IS UNPAINTED AND WILL RECEIVE A GREY BASE COAT AS THE NEXT STEP.
I am looking forward to putting down the base coat as this unifies all the details and instantly lets me know if the texture will provide the scene with enough presence to create interest.
The large pipe coming up from the back with the multiple tubes on the end will get wires that will be feeding from this to the hunch on the Hunchback figure. The Evil machinery have transformed the figure and is now controlling him. Please read the story on page 1 if yo have not and are trying to work out what the hell is going om with this Diorama.

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0697-1.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL FIND IT INTERESTING.
Ian.

Wouww!! i love it! nice with all these metal hoses and chains, interesting to see what you will do with the hunchback!
//Mats

TRANSFORMATION

Base Coat -
I couldn't resist today so I powered up the compressor and hit the base with Tamiya Neutral Grey. I love the look of the base once the first coat is laid down - all the details unite under the one color and the scene changes from an ugly jumble into a 3D image.
My challenge now is to consider my color palette, as I will be painting this as a night scene with the hunchback lit up under the light (the long pointy thing sticking out of the pipe with the collar, in the center above the gun. I am going to try to paint light and dark but I have never tried this before so I hope you will find this as much a learning journey as I will.

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

So that hunchback is a 6 cylinder, huh? :D Most excellent, Ian!! (y)

It looks that way dosen't it Mike. I thought the wires running into the hump would join the figure to the scene and add a 'Borg' kind of feel.

Thanks for the post Mike as well as The Zod, bagge and Sharkmouth.
(I hope it stays scary Saul :) )

painting light and dark hmm looking forward! i agree with the change of looks after the first coat of paint. Looking very good!
//Mats

I'm very intrigued with this, and yes it it does seem all homogeneous now. I can hardly wait to see how you do the painting. There are a few subjects I've wondered about doing that on but never had the nerve or even the slightest idea how to tackle. This will be thrill to watch (y) (y) (y)
James

Back