• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Tenth Crusade - European Western Front

:popcorn.......just as a side note. I turned down a contract with a German military Engineering company to develope 3 weapons /recovery platform variations on a similar chassis to this.

:popcorn.......just as a side note. I turned down a contract with a German military Engineering company to develope 3 weapons /recovery platform variations on a similar chassis to this.
:blink
What exactly is it that you do for a living Ian?
You in the Q branch or something?

Better photos as promised...
IAW2German16.JPG
IAW2German15.JPG
IAW2German14.JPG

Regards,

I just saw this ambulance variant and wonder if it indeed an ambulance mission module on the back:

1601896827732.png

Regards,

Saul, it most likely is a module. This vehicle was built specifically with the idea of quickly changing out modules to change it's purpose. That way, when a need arises, they can make a quick change instead of waiting for a prupose-built or field mod to be done.

:blink
What exactly is it that you do for a living Ian?
You in the Q branch or something?
o_O Well I certainly don't make pens with'fricken lazer beams' inside them. Seriously though I used to be in Engineering research and design with a background in Industrial design and 3d CAD data management. The contract I mentioned would have been about managing and organising their integration of the 3D designs for the 3 vehicle variations on a single platform.
Sorry, not really relevant to this post except that Saul's model is just that type of vehicle platform.
:whistle::sleep:

The fit of the module to the base vehicle sucked... to put it mildly. I didn't want to but decided to hack away a good portion since it won't be seen (Thank God I decided against any open doors or hatches).

Marked what had to go...

IAW2German17.JPG

... then cut it away. It was trimmed a bit after this photo was taken with the edges cleaned up. Not for appearances but to make sure burrs didn't foul the fit (which is MUCH better now):
IAW2German18.JPG

What... you thought I forgot about this ambulance? :D

Regards,

What... you thought I forgot about this ambulance? :D

Now that you mention it...

Looks good, keep going. :vgood:

Back