• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Road to Bardia

Superbness

I am absolutely loving this Chris , the burnt wood effects is amazing . I really am looking forward to seeing the diorama too :) .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Chris.

I like it the burned truck. I would like to know more things about diorama idea...
The Jeep is... great result.

Yago.

Re:Superbness

thanks guys :laugh: the dio is on hold while I try to sort out some 'sand' for the project

in the meantime I shall finish of another I'm working on. Pictures on that one soon......... ;)

I love it when a plan comes together. I just posted some info about a new book on Bardia over in book reviews. If you don't have it you might want to check it out. Synchronicity rules!!

Great model, too!

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Well, this one is very nearly finished. I have a few little jobs to do but its mostly there

Since I last posted I added some sand to my base and sprayed some colour on. This is a simple base with a raised road in the desert. I used the finer sand used to make driveways rather than beach sand, and sifted it to keep the grains small

Here is how it looks now:
IMG_8913.jpg

I will finish the jobs left to do, then once I've worked out how to photograph it, I'll post the end result :)

Back