• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The new 1/350 Scale K'tinga kit build

Wow, what tremendous progress! Nice fix on the irregularities. This is going to be most impressive when done; watching it come together is even more fun! Keep it coming Paul!

Thanks Mark!
Aside from the warpage problems (and the one bad part that I have already received the replacement), the detail is quite close to all my reference photos. The mold quality isn't like any of the better model companies, (Revell, Tamiya, Dragon, Hasegawa, you get the drift) but it isn't all that bad. I can easily work with this where as I won't touch an Italeri kit anymore.

Thanks for looking in Jeff!
Old hand with the electronics hardware, I used to design the circuit boards from the hand drawn engineers schematic then make a hand made prototype and build it up with all the components. The hard part is learning the commands and coding which I am now doing. Found a really good set of tutorials on UTube by Paul McWhorter. He goes through each of his lessons fully step by step and fully explains what is going on with reminders of the little things like the semicolon at the ends of lines. The first biggie was everyone stating use the "int" to designate values. What McWorter said that made perfect sense was "int" was short for integer which "THEN MADE SENSE"! Like "float" is short for "floating point" or numbers with decimal points. D'Oh!
Plus he does tend to repeat and go through the process in each lesson clearly and thoroughly. Have learned a lot so far.
Here is a link to his first basic programming lesson (#3) and there are something like 34 at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4JACbIQX_w&list=PLGs0VKk2DiYx6CMdOQR_hmJ2NbB4mZQn-&index=3

STill have a ways to go but have learned quite a lot already. Much more than I would have reading a book, or with another guy that was on UTube. He quickly lost me and that was no help

Got these in a couple of days ago. Was kind of waiting on them to really get this build going.

K-Tinga-036.jpg

In the meantime I have been learning and working with the Arduino. So far I have managed to get the timing and such working to have the window and white display lights all fade on the running light on the upper part of the neck blinks off and on to match the movie and a set of 3 red lights all with a soft fade flicker to use in the engines. That all works perfectly.

I am currently trying to make a push button start some of the photon torpedo stuff and it is not going well. The first part is the tube does a long slow fade in warm up. At this point that is a train wreck. Either they come on at the beginning or do everything "BUT" what I want them to do. Don't know enough yet to just go "There's the problem!" So far it has been a fair bit of :bang head :bang head then :hmmm then more :bang head :bang head and a small "WooHoo" :woohoo: !

The difficulty is working things into a linear framework as it is a single thread doing this. The saving grace is that the thread runs through it's loop VERY, VERY, FAST! I am tempted to take the sound track and have all the effects work in time to the track. That I think I can do without "too" much trouble. (famous last words).

Thanks for looking in everyone.

Not sure if this will work. My UTube account is all messed up and won't show my channel. It shows on my tablet, but the desktop it refuses even when I use the correct account. They do all this cross link crap to make everything work together and all it does is screw it all up and nothing works.

K-Tinga-037.jpg

Here is a link to my video showing it working.

Note, if you highlight the link above it is possible your browser might have a select to take you to the web address.

Last edited:
It has bee a while since I posted any build stuff. I have just not been feeling all that great. Have made some changes in the last week and am starting to feel better. The biggest sign is that I am wanting to work on the bench not just stare at it. WooHoo! :woohoo:

This week I have made a little progress on the K'Tinga again. Here we go.

K-Tinga-038.jpg

K-Tinga-039.jpg

K-Tinga-040.jpg

K-Tinga-041.jpg

K-Tinga-042.jpg

K-Tinga-043.jpg

K-Tinga-044.jpg

K-Tinga-045.jpg

K-Tinga-046.jpg

K-Tinga-047.jpg

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking in!
drinking-red-wine.gif

Thanks for looking in Bob and Luiz! Everything is going to end up on hold later this week. I am off to Lititz PA for 2 weeks. As I am driving, I might take "something" simple to work on, but not sure what at this time. Build and no paint, and small.

Weather permitting I am planning on going to Philidelphia and maybe DC the next weekend or some other thing if I hear about something. Then after March 8, I am loose again and will travel back but am thinking about taking a couple of days extra. Not sure where I will go or what I will do, but am open for suggestions.

Hey Paul!

I missed this somehow!

Fantastic job on your step by step.

I like the way you show and tell! Very easily understood and informative!

Bob

Hey Paul!

I missed this somehow!

Fantastic job on your step by step.

I like the way you show and tell! Very easily understood and informative!

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Unfortunately this (along with all my other builds) have been on back burner since early March. I have been trying to get the Mojo back but it has been sliding off to things like the Vac Table and some other old projects. I had also started working on Arduino programming with this and that stalled once I hit a hard road block with it. :bang head

Moon pup made me go for a review build while at the Nats and I am really trying to get out of the starting gate on it. (sigh) So used to Photo Etch cockpit work that the lack of it has me flustered.

I know I need to just sit down and do some building, but am in a place where I just need to get other things done that have been put off way too long.

Again, thanks for looking in and making me look at it again. I have a number of things in my head on it most are very possible, one item is only a "possibility".

Back