• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Museum Redo

Such Hubris at AK...
1646234077287.png

I posted about recalling the first as Miniature World but they can still claim "the only existing" one.

Regards,
Yeah Saul, They're 29 years too late to be the first, but, then, maybe it's the first of it's kind. Hard to tell from the photo, but, at least from that it looks like a "kit" museum? We had a large section devoted to that and all the kit manufacturers of that time had displays from their beginnings. Tamiya, Fujimi, Monogram, Academy, Heller, Italeri, DML, (Later Dragon), Revell, Airfix, Hasegawa began life as a wooden ship manufacturer and had all their early wooden ship kits on display for example. Fine Scale and Military Modeling magazines had some as well. Doesn't matter anymore Miniature World was long ago and far, far away. I wish them better luck than we had! I'd like to have the money I invested in that and lost! Oh well, I was cool when it was there!

Do either of you guys know where it is located? Just curious.

OK Saul, That is MIG's company I think. AK Interactive. Mig Jimenez. That would make sense. The Weathering products!
Hey Bob....

Nope... AMMO is Mig's company. AK Interactive evolved after a bit of a shake up at Mig Productions...AK did their thing and Mig started up AMMO about the same time.

Hey Bob....

Nope... AMMO is Mig's company. AK Interactive evolved after a bit of a shake up at Mig Productions...AK did their thing and Mig started up AMMO about the same time.
Oh, OK, I knew he had some connection to it. Thanks for the input! I used to be on top of that stuff once upon a time, not much anymore!

The only reason I am is because I am in contact with Iain and Jamie from AMMO constantly in regards to samples that AMPS reviews. In fact, I just found out out yesterday that Iain and I are practically neighbors as he lives close to Albany...funny to find out after all this time 😂

The only reason I am is because I am in contact with Iain and Jamie from AMMO constantly in regards to samples that AMPS reviews. In fact, I just found out out yesterday that Iain and I are practically neighbors as he lives close to Albany...funny to find out after all this time 😂
Wow! I know nothing about Mig's current American distributing. Mig visited VLS back in the early 2000s and saw the museum. I know him and I knew about the initial problems he had with his first wife and his first company. He's a great guy, VLS was his distributor in America back in those days.

The stuff still comes from Spain for reviews, but he has his reps here who go to shows and such. I met Iain and Mig back in Fredericksburg when I was there with Saúl and Dr. John and Saul introduced me...he is a very nice guy.

I met Iain and Mig back in Fredericksburg when I was there with Saúl and Dr. John and Saul introduced me...he is a very nice guy.
Why thank you! Wait... you meant Iain Hamilton.
:smack:

I was always the peacemaker... Iain, representing AK Interactive, and Rick, representing Mig Productions:
1646405565095.png

Miguel Jimenez, representing... wait... what?
1646405613195.png

AK Interactive and Miguel parted ways and then he started Ammo of Mig. We latinos love Telenovelas (Soap Operas) and Miguel's story is definitely one! Trivia, the red star in MIG Productions' logo represents the ex-wife; Estrella.

Regards,

Last edited:
Iain now works for Mig and AMMO...he is the director for AMMO USA...so you did well as always brother ;)

Rick was with AK but I'm not sure about that now...hard to keep up...and AK has no relationship with AMPS...at least not on the reviews side.

Back