• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The List

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
OK, so it was a LONG road trip yesterday and the topic of The List was discussed at length. You know, the list of kits I want to build and their order? Mine keeps getting rearranged, added to, but never anything deleted. Who else has a list like this and how do you deal with it? Mine so far....

1. Finish incomplete GB project(s)
2. StuH 42
3. Bison I and II
4. Hummel
5. Jagdpanzer IV
6. Panzer IV (G, H, J)
7. King Tigers
8. KV-2
9. Stuart
10. Clean model room
11. TBD

:laugh:

I started to make my list, got a migraine, and lied down after taking some medicine. My garage is full of my list. Like yours, it is in a state of flux.

Regards,

Funny - I made up a list of all my models and add on in my stuff yesterday ... well I have too much of those plastic laying around :) - so now I can make a list what I will do next .... some day :laugh:

Oh the dreaded list or should I say the forever changing list.

I can't even remember what I was going to build when this bomber build idea came about.

Since that day it became B-25H and then an another SM.79

As always the list past the B-25 keeps changing.

The 1/32 scale MC.202 sure looks good but after yesterday's conversation this old BV 138 with the degauss ring sure has been getting pushed back for a long time.

Would some one keep the weather vane still.

Got to admit though my predicament is better than Mike's.

His is the tank pile.

The car pile.

One airplane.

I'm gone to look for the Tylenol

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey, Joey's back amongst us.

I hate you did not get to go to Atlanta but the good news is. We"re gonna try to go back for the June 26 t IPMS show. That should be the good one anyhow .

Cheers, Christian B)

Howdy Joey...

My list, I'll try it off the top o' the head:

These are WIPs

The Bone, working on afterburners

The Wildcat working on everything

The WNW Pup which is very close to completion.

The Well and some figures, need a base now.

The Pips Priller ride, it's a shelf queen.

The B58 Hustler, shelfqueen

now these are what I'm committed to do soon

PBR not started for Charlie don't Surf

A Tiger or Panther for the Operation Overlord

Something else I'm going to do for Operation Overlord to make up for Pips

I think there's something else out there in the shop but it's about 600 miles away right now, I'll follow up on Wend. :mpup

Well , here's mine. Most of mine revolves around gettin' it done before *AMPS International Convention ....

* 1) Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flak-vierling

* 2) Jagd-Panther G1 late production

* 3) Waffen SS figure 120mm

* 4) finish decking out th 1/25th scale Jagd-Panther

After AMPS -

5) The Well Dio - Wittman's Last drink August '44

6) Panzer IV D up gunned & up armored with Verlinden full interior !

7) Berge-Panther D mit Quad Flak-vierling 38

8) Elephant

9) Figure out something for th Overlord G.B. - Might have to look for DML's new Pz.IV H/J @ AMPS

:hmmm :gogo Of course all of this is subject to change except for #'s 1-5 :D

my list ... urfp ... :S

1. DML Panzer IV Ausf. E (the kit with the tons of errors! i don't know how often i took it out of the stash, looked at it and returned it when thinking of all the errors)
2. Tristar Panzer 38(t) Ausf. B
3. Tristar Panzer I A
4. Trumpeter SdKfz. 7/2 early
5. Alan Panzer II Ausf. c
6. Tristar Panzer 38(t) Ausf. G Command Tank
7. DML Panzer 38(t) Ausf. G with royal AM treatment
8. Tristar Panzer IV Ausf. C
9. DML Panzer IV Ausf. D

and last but very not least

10. My neverending dream of the Norwegian Fjord Tirpitz diorama with forced perspective, a Panzer I A, one vehicle in 1/48 and one in 1/72 ... i doubt that i will ever be able to do that dio - too many factors speaking against that plan!

apart from that list of unbuilt kits to do i would love to finish my shelf queens:

1. refurbishing my DML Hornisse
2. refurbishing my Mirage Hobby 7TP
3. finishing my Wippet in german service
4. refurbishing/repainting my DML Coelian
5. refurbishing/repainting my DML Panther II

my list ... urfp ... :S

1. DML Panzer IV Ausf. E (the kit with the tons of errors! i don't know how often i took it out of the stash, looked at it and returned it when thinking of all the errors)

10. My neverending dream of the Norwegian Fjord Tirpitz diorama with forced perspective, a Panzer I A, one vehicle in 1/48 and one in 1/72 ... i doubt that i will ever be able to do that dio - too many factors speaking against that plan!

2. refurbishing my Mirage Hobby 7TP

Laura,

On point one, that kit is only good for spares. I will gladly send you an Ausf. E (later release with Vorpanzer) without the Vorpanzer. Or I can simply send you the corrected hull (it only includes one with the armor in place) and turret.

Point ten, that would be wonderful! Perhaps getting Bob Letterman to guide you will make it a reality.

The 7TP is one of my favorites since I was first in Poland and touched the bits of the real deal. I have plenty of information (most of it in Polish but I can translate). My kits (Spojnia brand) with the Bofors 40mm gun are of two types (look at the exhaust to see the difference). Mirage did release later variants of the 7TP along with the T-26 and Vickers series. If taking on the project now, I would begin with the Zvezda/Italeri T-26 and add bits from Mirage.

If you can find it, get the Armo metal barrel:
ArmoBofors40mm.jpg

Forgive the horrible quality of the image. It is from a review written in 2002.

Regards,

On point one, that kit is only good for spares. I will gladly send you an Ausf. E (later release with Vorpanzer) without the Vorpanzer. Or I can simply send you the corrected hull (it only includes one with the armor in place) and turret.

i have a corrected lower hull, donator was the 'dicker max' kit - problem is that the correct hull is a bit shorter than the one with errors so i will/would have to shorten the upper hull too! apart from that there are still enough errors!

send me the vorpanzer 4e (without vorpanzer) ... you know that i love the idea in principle but i would feel like a robber if i accepted!

Point ten, that would be wonderful! Perhaps getting Bob Letterman to guide you will make it a reality.

i know! *sigh* ... the main problems are:

detailing the tirpitz with WEM pe (don't have, don't have a shop that carries WEM), sheer size of about 2,5mx1,5mx1m (lengthxwidthxheigth), about a bazillion trees to scratch, light installation, space ... i have plenty of space in the bench area (32m²) but no chance to ever get that dio out of there ...

The 7TP is one of my favorites since I was first in Poland and touched the bits of the real deal. I have plenty of information (most of it in Polish but I can translate). My kits (Spojnia brand) with the Bofors 40mm gun are of two types (look at the exhaust to see the difference). Mirage did release later variants of the 7TP along with the T-26 and Vickers series. If taking on the project now, I would begin with the Zvezda/Italeri T-26 and add bits from Mirage.

the kit is built long ago, was painted, abused as spray test vehicle and refurbished and repainted by me last year ... but not finished ... it's the 7TPdw btw - twin turret type!

If the replacement kit you are referring to is the Trumpeter one, it has a fantasy belly pan. I always could send the hull tub from the Trumpeter bridge layer as it is for the Ausf. D but then upper hull and turret are still an issue. Let me see if I have the spare kit to send. The leftovers I can use on my other kits.

Yes, the dw refers to dwóch (two) wieżach (towers - European literal translation of turrets)... don't forget I am familiar with the Eastern European languages! :P

Regards,

If the replacement kit you are referring to is the Trumpeter one, it has a fantasy belly pan. I always could send the hull tub from the Trumpeter bridge layer as it is for the Ausf. D but then upper hull and turret are still an issue. Let me see if I have the spare kit to send. The leftovers I can use on my other kits.

nope, i spoke of the dml max ... i built both max kits, trumpeter and dml ... and since the ausf e utilized the uparmored hulls and the max not, i was in the lucky position to have a corrected hull all of a sudden ... but alas -> read above!

Laura,

Let me know when your Pz IV Ausf. E comes to the front of your build pile. I am sure I can afford sending the upper hull & turret (top, bottom, and front) as I have :eek:hmy: too many Pz IV kits now.

Regards,

My plans for this year

Hasegawa 1/48 Raptor..............on the bench now
Tamiya 1/35 232
Revell 1/35 M-47
DML 1/35 Jagdpanther

I should get these done,then we'll see from there.

Have to finish a few shelf projects myself...

1. Add fiddly bits to my IL-2 and finish weathering
2. Finish the Op Overlord Cromwell...these quarter scale kits build up quick...just lots of fiddly bits to add
3. Work on my figures for the Monro Perdu Well build...if ever I have an Achilles, it's figures.
4. Waiting on the book on the Lanc to try to add more detailing before I close up the fuselage...not sure yet if I'll bother wiring the spinning engines or not yet...

After that, who knows...my stash isn't huge, but it is pretty varied...

Back