• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The last finished model of the year

matrixone

Here are the pictures of the finished He 162 built from the Revell 1/32 scale kit.

This He 162 was built at Bernburg by Junkers and carries the standard camouflage pattern of Bernburg He 162's and it was not until the aircraft was transferred to I./JG 80 that it was given the additional field applied spotted camouflage and yellow tactical markings common to I./JG 80 aircraft. I./JG 80 did not fly against the western Allies and was assigned to support the Fw 190's of the Schlactgruppen a job in which it excelled, Russian ground fire had a difficult time trying to hit the He 162's because of their high speed and small size while the heavy hitting power of the He 162 silenced a lot of the Russian guns and allowed the Schlactgruppen to do their work with very few losses.

h2afafd9.JPG

hed7e8a2.JPG

h6e617fb.JPG

ha55da25.JPG

h0110729.JPG

Matrixone

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

My intention was to use my full photobase setup for taking pictures of the model as it was only one section was used due to the poor lighting conditions. For this time of year I was lucky to have any sunlight at all so I can't really complain.

Matrixone

Back