• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Search and Rescue Builds

Duke Maddog

This is my submission for this Campaign: Two 1/72 scale PST Russian Fire Trucks. If I can get them done in time, I may even add a third truck to this Campaign as well.

Start up pics taken a couple days ago:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_I.jpg

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_II.jpg

I started one of the two trucks I'll be doing for this campaign so far. I first assembled the chassis:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_III.jpg

Next I assembled the cab and test-fit this thing on the chassis:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_IV.jpg

It's a good thing I did because there was a lot of cutting I had to do to get this cab to fit right. Afterward, I added the wheels because I had a feeling they were going to be difficult to get lined up. I was right:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_V.jpg

You can see some of the cutting I had to do to make this cab fit. The rest was on the bottom of the cab itself.

Okay, that's all I have on this so far. Stay tuned for more and tanks for looking in. Comments are welcome.

A small update on this from me.

Last week, I shot a coat of red over one of my Russian Fire Trucks:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_VIII.jpg

This week, I did some more detail painting on my Russian Fire Truck, painting the wooden seats and the chassis and touching up the rims of the wheels; as well as the overspray on the tires themselves:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_IX.jpg

That's about all for now. Hopefully soon I'll be able to complete this one and start the other one. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Gerry! I was surprised the red went on so well.

Thanks Dave, she is looking pretty good isn't she?

Looking good sir, you got a lot farther on yours then I did on mine....something to do with windshields and stuff....I really gotta quit careing so much :frantic
Happy belated by the way
:drinks :D

Thanks guys! I do need to get windows and a windshield in this soon. Fortunately, I left the cab unattached so I could do that more easily.

Thanks Mekanik for the belated wishes. I appreciate that very much.

Thanks James! Once in a while you just gotta change things up a bit.

Okay, this week I was able to get more done for this.

I added the windshield and windows to this Russian Fire Truck. I had to cut out pieces of clear acetate to place them in there:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_X.jpg

While that was drying, I painted up the dashboard that you won't see when this is installed in the cab:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_XII.jpg

Finally, here is the fire truck after I dry-fit the cab and added the headlights and a few other bits to it. This one is nearly finished:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_XI.jpg

This will be number 683 when it is done.

Hopefully next week this will be completed. Stay tuned for more....

Well, shame on me. I forgot to post this little Russian Air Force Fire Truck that I finished at least a month ago I believe:

Russian_Zil_5_Studebaker_cab_Fire_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_Zil_5_Studebaker_cab_Fire_Truck_iI.jpg

This was the old PST kit that I built Out of the Box. I did have to add some acetate windows to this though since none came with the model. I painted it with Wal-Mart 96-cent rattle can red.

It ain't museum or contest quality, but I'm pleased with it. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Nice little fire truck Duke. Hey, sometimes the cheap paint works just fine. :good:
How do you find the time to build all these models? Do yoU have model minions in the basement? :yipee

Tim

Nice little fire truck Duke. Hey, sometimes the cheap paint works just fine. :good:
How do you find the time to build all these models? Do yoU have model minions in the basement? :yipee

Tim

LOL! Don't I wish! I don't even have a basement! :blink :silly: I try to find the time wherever I can.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. That Wal-Mart cheap paint is amazingly high quality. I used their white on my Saturn V rocket; took five cans to cover it!

Thanks again for replying!

Back