• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Micro Model for March

Duke Maddog

I finally got the chance to get started on this and I do hope I can get it finished before the end of the month.

This is the model I chose, the Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Russian Ural 4320 cargo truck. These are the startup pictures:

full

full

The first thing I started with was the very basic engine. It won't be seen so I'm not worried about it:

full

Next was the chassis:

full

I went ahead and added the spare tire cradle as well to finish it off:

full

The cab just needed fenders attached, so I quickly got them glued in:

full

The cab interior was done next, there's a good amount of detail in there:

full

Here is the cab interior dry fit on the chassis. It is a difficult fit, but sits well:

full

After I painted the interior, I found a decal for the dashboard. I just had to add that!

full

The rear bed was completed next:

full

Finally, out came the airbrush to paint the exterior. These are all just test fit together:

full

That's all I have for now on this. Hopefully some clear gloss and decals will be next.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome!

Thank you guys! Alot more progress was done for this and I forgot to take pics because this went so fast.

assembled all but the cab on the Russian Ural 4320 and weathered it, especially the wheels:

full

Once the windows get added to the cab we'll be able to install it and then final weathering will bring it over the finish line.

I might even have this done in time! What a concept! :dance:

Wow, I actually did it! Here's my finished model for this campaign, the 1/72 scale Hobby Boss Russian URAL-4320 cargo truck:

full

full

full

I apologize for the pics, they suck eggs! This truck looks much better in person! I am just so glad that I finished this on time!

Thank you guys! It sure feels good!

Now to go find the ribbon. It's been awhile since I had the chance to add to my "fruit salad"!

Back