• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Destroyer. Finished.

The Zod

This is a shelf queen I am building for a whif site. 1/48 mix of the Hobby Boss M4A3E8,Tamiya M10 hull,and Tamiya M26 turret. Why the M10 hull? I like the angles on it. If that hull would have had thicker armor,it would have been better.

This will be a zombie destroyer. The 90 mm gun fires mostly canister rounds,but fires HESH rounds from time to time. The hull MG is in reality a nasty weapon. It sprays something called.LIQUID VENGEANCE. It is a nasty mix of nitric acid,holy water,and celery juice.

No PE used at all in this build. I really needed a break from that stuff after the M51 build. :rotf

Original configuration.
D1_zpswpntpuq3.jpg

D3_zpsbffw8c9j.jpg

The stowage boxes are from a Black Dog British set,. I took them both off,and placed on at the rear. I then added some IDF boxes from Tank Workshop on the sides. I know I got some spots that need paint yet.

In a couple days,I am going to spray some wax on it. Then I will use some liquid mask from Micro Scale. Then,spray some white on. Then peel off the mask.
D12_zps1hpru9du.jpg

D11_zpskjpy2vcy.jpg

D10_zps0vt7n9hs.jpg

The Destroyer.

Celery juice? :rotf

Just how much armor do you need against zombies? I haven't seen one with a panzerfaust yet.

:popcorn.

The Destroyer. Winter camo

Finally got some time to add the white. For some reason or other,my Iwata did not work well today. :bang head So I brushed the white on. A few days ago,I sprayed some wax onto the green. Not real happy with the worn effects.

D16_zpsnktgiote.jpg

D15_zpsgh2fhw7j.jpg

D13_zpsgvy5qast.jpg

Recon I will add a light brown pin wash tomorrow.

Chad it was fortuitous that the Iwata didn't work. The brush painting looks far more realistic that the airbrush would have been. This looks even more like the crew took some mops and such and slathered on the winter camo. Adding a dark brown pinwash will only enhance this even more. Way to go!

Thanks everyone. :) I usually have no problem spraying Tamiya paints in that airbrush :idonno

I did the rubber parts of the road wheels today. I thinned the new rubber black from Tamiya maybe a 50/50 mix.

h1e841b0.JPG

Thanks Ed.

I got MIG neutral wash on her. That stuff flowed better over flat paint. :idonno Sadly.I do not seem to have a winter filter with me. I changed trucks last week. Not sure what to replace the filter with.
h947b8c8.JPG

Thanks Bob and Ed, I do have a winter wash from MIG. It is like a white with gray in it. I may end up using that as a filter. Then maybe brush on some dark earth pigments onto the suspension.

Personally, I don't think you need a winter wash/filter, but then I'm only looking at a pic. You are able to see with the naked eye what really needs to be done. From here though, it looks like a suitably dirty whitewashed tank that just needs a spread of mud and dirt on the running gear. Way to go Chad!

Thanks Mark. I did apply two gray green filters over it. Tomorrow,I want to get a clear matte coat on it. Then add some dark earth pigments.

Back