• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Daves Challenge

Well it's a start. We'll see if the Efriken can can keep his momentum going to the finish line. It's known that he is easily distracted. :tomato

02GermanTruck.jpg

03GermanTruck.jpg

The Academy instructions are a little vague in places and in other places I just plain messed up but don't really care on a quick build like this.

I don't think I'm going to hand brush Dave. Thought about it, but I'm just not motivated to try it.

I think it's cool, go with it. Biggest issue with brush painting is when the paint starts to setup on the brush and you get stroke marks. The variance kinda looks like fading. :soldier

I did it as fading but its not as prounounced as on the picture Same with the wood on the deck The fade to wood is no where as pronounced on the model.That said I am having a ball on this kit

Thanks guys! Looks like the Efruken is going to win unless someone blocks his internet access! :evil:

Painted everything last night and this morning. Got to put the windows in and a little detail painting and I can finish assembly.

04GermanTruck.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Oh crap I better get it done

Looking mighty fine mate Dont you just love the detail on these Academy 1/72 armor kits?

Back