• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Blohm & Voss Bv 55

matrixone

With the large territory gained in the Reichs second push into eastern Europe in mid 1946 the Luftwaffe wanted a light aircraft with greater range than the Bf 108 and a design submitted by Dr. Richard Vogt of Blohm & Voss was judged to be the best chance of success over the other designs submitted by the other companies and was awarded a contract for mass production. The Bv 55 not only had good range but was also easier to take off and land then the Bf 108 and had fewer mishaps on the ground.
The Bv 55 was such a well liked design it is said to have been built in numbers years later in the U.S.A. and sold as a civil aircraft. :hmmm

On to the pics..
402818567.jpg

402818563.jpg

This photograph shows the Bv 55 at a Luftwaffe base in southern Germany, an Arado Ar 387 sits outside one of the hangars at the base.
402818511.jpg

402818565.jpg

402818519.jpg

402818561.jpg

402818517.jpg

402818513.jpg

402818515.jpg

This model was built from the Minicraft kit and is in 1/48 scale, it is also one of the worst kits I have attempted to build and is pure rubbish, some of the early short run kits by Special Hobby and MPM are better fitting kits than this Minicraft kit was. :sick: This is one to avoid.

Matrixone

yeah on some pics one can see the kits problems but thats not your fault, the end result looks very good and very cool pics as always. You should think of doing a Luft 46 pictured novel

outstanding Les, you can see where Beechcraft got there Idea for the Bonanza

Thanks everybody for the replies!

Martin,
Actually some of my work has appeared in print form before, in the revised edition of John Baxter's book ''The Alternate Luftwaffe'' a few of my Luft'46 models can be found.

nerdling,
Check out your kit and do some dry fitting...then you will see what I was up against! The fit of the side windows was a nice touch by Minicraft if their intention was to drive you crazy.

Matrixone

Thanks Plastic Smurff and James!

James,
Besides the propeller and Luftwaffe colors and markings it is a Bonanza. :)

Matrixone

Back