• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Battle of Kursk Completion Thread

And we're done! Nothing aftermarket-- just drilled out the cannon barrels and used the kit decals for Rudel's ride...
001~56.jpg

002~51.jpg

005~52.jpg

STEIND8.jpg

STEIND1.jpg

Greetings,Ron.

kickass look Ron !
How did you do the wooden box finish - looks real?

Ian.

Hey,thanks,Ian.
The box came out of a Plus Model set of wooden German stick hand grenades boxes,they are resin.In the same kit you also have open boxes with hand grenades and P.E parts to hold the grenades inside the box.
Also included are decal sheets for the text on the boxes and on the grenades.

I painted the box with Vallejo acrylics,I used several wood colors.
After the acrylics had dried I used a gloss coat for preparation of the decal sheet.
Then to get rid of the glossy shine,I used a flat coat over it and after completely dry,oils (thin coats of yellow mixed with white) got into the game to get the faded look on the printed text.
hope this more or less makes sense. ;)

Greetings,Ron.

Last call for Kursk!

I'm really disappointed I didn't finish this one. Real life been smackin' us around lately and time just got away. I did get a good coat of primer on, got a couple more issues to deal with then i'm painting

Anyone else got a last minute finish? I'm archiving this tomorrow and will gladdly move any unfinished builds to appropriate forums.

A really nice build Ron (y) (y) (y) . I too find the ammo box very cool looking . :good:

Thanks for the instructions . B)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back