• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Type 97(ChiHa) JA Medium Tank - Complete!

Re: Tamiya Type 97(ChiHa) Japanese Medium Tank

Thanks everyone for the words of support and encouragement.
The tracks got a wash of Burt-sienna oil paint and drybrushed with some silver enamel. The wheels and tracks were put on, and the whole thing got a very dilute spray of Tamiya Buff, and the lower portion of the hull and the running gear got the very dilute dusting spray of “Flat-earth”. This was followed by some Mig pigments and Mig wet-effents and oil-grease stains.

That’s it. ....aaaaaand there is the checkered flag!
Thanks for looking. I’ll post a few more pictures in the Completion thread.

Which one to tackle next? :hmmm

Bill

Ja23.jpg

Ja24.jpg

Ja25.jpg

Ja26.jpg

v236

Fantastic job Bill, I LOVE HER (y) (y)

May I suggest a nice big artilery job next? :D

Thanks Dave!
It's kind of funny, this is the first one that actually looks better in the pictures than in real life. :laugh:

Go figure. :idonno

Last count (today) i have 12 models started, but not "finished".
I think I'll wrap up several of those before I start another one. :gogo

Cheers,

Bill

Well done Bill, taking notes on how to handle dirt up under the wheels and tracks. (y)

Thanks for the "Well done", Bob.

Make sure your notes include: "Don't bother masking, painting, washing, and dry-brushing areas where you are going to shovel on pigments and spray on "dust". :laugh: :angry: :laugh: Or the corollary: "Don't shovel on pigments where you already spent a nutty amount of time masking, painting .......etc." (Where is the "Duh!" emoticon ?).

I hope you get my drift. Live and learn. Plan ahead. Have fun! ...............................surprises......

Thanks,

Bill

Lovely work, Bill! (y) Great weathering effects and a splendid overall build! :notworthy I'll be waiting for your next project for sure! ;)

Cheers and congrats! B)
Fernao

Thanks for the "Well done", Bob.

Make sure your notes include: "Don't bother masking, painting, washing, and dry-brushing areas where you are going to shovel on pigments and spray on "dust". :laugh: :angry: :laugh: Or the corollary: "Don't shovel on pigments where you already spent a nutty amount of time masking, painting .......etc." (Where is the "Duh!" emoticon ?).

I hope you get my drift. Live and learn. Plan ahead. Have fun! ...............................surprises......

Thanks,

Bill
You can try this one :bang head hehehehe

But really why bother its such a beauty :drinks

Well done,Bill! (y) (y) (y)

Heavy muddy,dusty pigment weathering how it should be done!

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron and James!
Thanks Bob, "Roger Wilco"! (I helped myself to the ribbon data. Thanks)

Cheers,

Bill

Great finish Bill (y)

The weathering looks great love the mutt (y) This kit brings back some memories, I've build this one some 30 years ago, it was one of the first AFV models I've made. I remember I loved the little star on the front glacis plate, I painted it gold :D :D

But it didn't look far as good as yours though! (y) (y) (y)

Cheers Erik

Thanks Mike! Thanks Erik! I painted the star gold as well (a couple of times) but it still got obscured by all the weathering.

Much appreciated,

Bill

Back