• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya P204f Armored Railway Vehicle

Mike well done, especially with all the pain you're experiencing. I too wrenched my back, causing sciatica to flare up along with the back pain. It is certainly difficult to stay in a chair for long. Add to that, a severely pulled calf muscle gotten when I ran from an attacking dog. At least I wasn't bit!

I'm still modeling like you are; you're a great inspiration here.

Putting a new definition to the term "Tracks"! Icepack is yer friend! Be nice to you. Your bases never fail to amaze.

Thanks guys. Made progress last weekend, added dark acrylic washes to the ballast and added the telegraph wires.

IMG_2927 (2).JPG

IMG_2928 (2).JPG

IMG_2929 (2).JPG

IMG_2930 (2).JPG

More to come soon, ready to finish this up. Thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Thanks Eric, Bob and Terry your comments are appreciated! As promised, more was added to the little P204f. I dug around my stash and found two Alpine Miniatures figures in summer uniform and a seated figured from a Warriors set. I'm not a figure painter by any stretch, but am trying to get better. So here's where we are to date, there may be some additional pieces added.

IMG_2943 (2).JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2946 (2).JPG

IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2949 (2).JPG
IMG_2944 (2).JPG
IMG_2948.JPG

The figures were painted with AK Interactive Gen 3 acrylics. I still think it needs a bit or two, stay tuned. Thanks for coming by!

Bringing this one to the finish. I added the remaining bits and bobs to complete the scene.

IMG_3023 (2).JPG

Michelle made the nameplate with her Cricut, she's really enjoying making stuff.
IMG_3024 (2).JPG
IMG_3026 (2).JPG

IMG_3027 (2).JPG

The tool box and some of the hand tools are Miniart, the rest are sourced from the spares. I blackened the photo etch wrenches in the bottom of the box with AMMO Photoetch Burnishing Fluid.
IMG_3030 (2).JPG

I really enjoyed building this kit and creating the vignette. Thanks for coming by.
that'sallfolks.jpg

Just an awesome job all round on this one. I'm really likening the display and figures.
:tens:

Back