• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya P-51B 1/48

Adam

Here is my latest endeavor.

DDGB1.jpg

It will be finished in these markings from Superscale:

DDGB2.jpg

I've gotten most of the airframe together. I didn't bother much with the cockpit as I'll be closing it up. So, it's just the basic colors. This kit doesn't even include an IP decal. The gauges are there but there is no detail to them at all. Just raised round circles.

DDGB3.jpg

DDGB4.jpg

I did have a small step seam on the bottom here and I think it was my carelessness in assembly more than anything. I really didn't like the seam in this little opening here so a piece of sheet styrene cut to fit and melted in place with Tenax does the trick.

DDGB5.jpg

There is more to come so stay tuned. As always, thanks for looking and keep on modeling! :v

Awese Adam...I built this one for a Tuskegee airman here in town a while back and loved it. Looking forward to seeing your Gunfighters scheme too!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Sherman the kit basically falls together and has great surface detail. The cockpit on the other hand could use some dressing up.

Well I got her all buttoned up and a coat of primer on.

DDGB6.jpg

But we still had seam issues to work out:

DDGB7.jpg

DDGB8.jpg

Once I shoot it again with another coat of primer we are ready for invasion stripes!

Thanks guys. I got the stripes on tonight. I've gotta clean the AB and then we'll get on with spraying the metal.

DDGB9.jpg

Got the colors on tonight:

DDGB10.jpg

DDGB11.jpg

Stupid me really screwed it up after that though. I managed to crack the fuselage seam while applying the future and well when I fixed that and went to respray it I got overspray on my dang invasion stripes.

:bang head

Oh well onward and upward!

Hey Adam, it's looking good but it's starting to sound like one of my builds. :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking nice! not a flying guy myself but always fun to see you guys building these flying thingies :)
don't let the speedbumps slow you down!!
//Mats

Thanks a lot guys for the kind comments. I got the decals on and about 50% of the weathering is done. This build is doing it's best to drive me crazy though. I had to respray the OD as well as there was silver overspray on that as well. Well in the process of masking and doing that I managed to ruin all those little lovely black triangle decals I so carefully applied. Soooo I had to cut a bunch of little tape triangles and repaint that and it looks about nowhere near as good as the decal looked. Then I went to drill out the gun barrels and I was doing fine until the last one and managed to screw the pooch on that one. So I've gotta figure out how to replace it or maybe I'll just leave it! Finally I thought I'd get cute and try to replicate some high wear areas on the upper wing and well... I think it looks like crap. Oh well, you live and learn right? :bang head

DDGB12.jpg

DDGB13.jpg

I've venting but this is still a very nice kit. It is my incompetence that is driving me to lunacy. :gogo

Can't see it yet Adam, sure it's OK, maybe a dry brush of base coat over where you think you screwed up?

Back